Power Commander Maps...Dangerous?

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Is it slightly dangerous to run other member's PC maps on your bike or we just making
very minor adjustments and it's no big deal?

My understanding is if you run a motor to lean, you can screw it up big time,
burnt pistons etc.

Personally,
I think there is a "viral hype" regarding the necessity to install a Power Commander, on a street ridden bike.
The benefits to installing one on a stock engine, excepting the operation with a full exhaust, are very minimal.
The only individuals benefiting from this current trend, are the pockets of the Folks at Dyno-Jet.
They are entitled to eveery penny they are getting, from the sale of their products. However, us the consumer needs to shake our heads and say enough!

In closing I'd like to add,...

For Sale:
1 2003 PCIIIR with, active serial/usb cable.
Disc, Manual and 9 volt adapter.
$100.00 + Postage.

smile.gif

depends on the pipe, if the bike runs bad. needs tuning but not always a pc needed

part # on PC? if it is the 411 I will take it

pretty sure the 410 is also pretty much the same, will need to check that if that is the one you have... thx

Personally,
I think there is a "viral hype" regarding the necessity to install a Power Commander, on a street ridden bike.
The benefits to installing one on a stock engine, excepting the operation with a full exhaust, are very minimal.
The only individuals benefiting from this current trend, are the pockets of the Folks at Dyno-Jet.
They are entitled to eveery penny they are getting, from the sale of their products. However, us the consumer needs to shake our heads and say enough!

In closing I'd like to add,...

For Sale:
1 2003 PCIIIR with, active serial/usb cable.
Disc, Manual and 9 volt adapter.
$100.00 + Postage.

smile.gif
thumb_up.gif

Nuts on dude! I've found the Teka Box does everything you need for adjusting the A/F ratio for minor upgrades such as full exhaust etc. Free of charge with most dyno tuners.

My last PClll was bad. Sent it back and now they don't wana give me a refund. Lots of bad ones as of late. Must be the chinese parts.They only have one help line and are getting up to 400 calls a day. No thanks Iam waiting for tune boy.
guns.gif

Lots of controversy on this topic... All I can add is I have a PC3 and have had 2 different maps on it which have been noticeably different, and at this point would say I definitely want to keep it... Who's right ?? Who knows... I like what mine has done for my bike, but to each his own.....
cool.gif

Alot of guys around here use a Yosh Box to tune their Busa's, but everytime I use to ask them to do it they would tell me my bike will run like s$!t, and I need a PCIII USB, and they would even tune it for me for $400.00, man they're nice !!

GPW hooked me up now, and I love it !!

My last PClll was bad. Sent it back and now they don't wana give me a refund. Lots of bad ones as of late. Must be the chinese parts.They only have one help line and are getting up to 400 calls a day. No thanks Iam waiting for tune boy.
guns.gif
I am looking forward to tune boy .

Was great on the Rocket
cool.gif

Back