why has Power Commander left out the modified air?

there should be a MAP Forum on every Busa Board for us Hayabusa owners to get maps from by now, only the V-Max has been in production longer.
You dont see our Hayabusa community pulling together and organizing very well, like the Harley Davidson community does, I wonder if it has to do with the average age of people who ride sportbike vs. Harley's?

Every Sunday I see Harley Riders in groups of 20 or larger on poker run rides and NEVER See Sportbike people because the people who ride sportbikes dont have the organization like the Harley groups...........Am I wrong?....what is it then?

I wish I could organize people to ride but Nobody seems interested in Poker Runs etc..

MAP Forum
repost.gif

really not sure what some expect out of DynoTune parts... they are a parts producer, not a tuning center.. thats what Dyno shops are for..

If I buy a carb for an application, I have never expected the vendor to sell me the optimal float/pump/jet settings or even a list of what they might be..

They are just providing a "tool" to tune with.. build your map and away you go.. if you pay to have one done on the dyno, I would bet that there is a tenth or more in custom tuning even that map on the track.. I would expect a tune I pay for to be on the safe side, if I want to break or torch parts, that is a different animal..

PC works as advertised, all I worry about.. the rest is up to me

really not sure what some expect out of DynoTune parts... they are a parts producer, not a tuning center.. thats what Dyno shops are for..

If I buy a carb for an application, I have never expected the vendor to sell me the optimal float/pump/jet settings or even a list of what they might be..

They are just providing a "tool" to tune with..  build your map and away you go..  if you pay to have one done on the dyno, I would bet that there is a tenth or more in custom tuning even that map on the track..  I would expect a tune I pay for to be on the safe side, if I want to break or torch parts, that is a different animal..  

PC works as advertised, all I worry about..  the rest is up to me
Good points....

I am just bewildered,puzzled,baffled,mystified,perplexed as to why after 10 years the Info is so hard to come by on the internet?

Where did Power Commander come up with the 312-___ maps for the Hayabusa?

And why no good instructions about how to use the numbers tables in relation to RPM's and Airflow etc?

There are people in this forum who Dyno Tune these Hayabusa's all day long and still no word from them...

some information is hard earned... tuning, repair etc are not always easily shared. Tuning is one of those "what works for me, may not work for you" things.. Add to that, guys charge $200+ to do a custom map..

If DynoTune supplied "their own" maps for this stuff, I would promise some kid would go out, hurt a motor and then expect DynoJet to pay damages...

I think you are on the best avenue myself... find a base map that works and then start tweaking away.. as long as you know what a lean motor feels like and how to read plugs.. you should be in good shape..

The upside is that there are some pretty good tools for tuning.. we used to have to pull the carbs off, change needles/jets reinstall them and then make run.. total time could be an hour or more.. with the PC you can do it on the return road on your way back to staging..

A map forum would be nice as long as it was just a MAP forum.. I actually setup a website for doing this but I never put it into production.. I needed a bit of coding help and never got it finished.. An open MAP forum would probably get pretty messy I bet..

If anyone wants to help with a bit of PHP/mysql coding, I will put the site back up..

some information is hard earned...
I think you are on the best avenue myself... find a base map that works and then start tweaking away.. as long as you know what a lean motor feels like and how to read plugs.. you should be in good shape..
Thank you sir, I really do appretiate your expert imput
thumb_up.gif
you think I wanted to see your map for no good reason?
whistling.gif

And offer stands.. someone want to code a PHP/Mysql page I will put the site up..

1) I won't share my map without the permission of the tuner.
2) Every engine will react differently to the same mods. Downloaded maps are only intended to get you started, they still need to be fine tuned. So even with a downloaded map for the same mods, you still need to get it tuned, or tune it yourself like Mr. Bogus stated above.

There are people in this forum who Dyno Tune these Hayabusa's all day long and still no word from them...
These people spend large sums of money on equipmnent and hours in training and do this to put food on the table. I wouldn't expect them to give away their work for free any more than I would expect DynoJet to give away the PowerCommander for free.

Also, if they post a map and you download it. What's to keep you from suing them if you blow your engine claiming their map caused the damage? They have to spend money defending themselves legally, and they never touched your bike.

Map forum is a bad idea. What if someone get pissed and post really lean map from 20% TPS up. You can blow your engine that way.

I think that there is a GIANT misconception about this "tuning device" myself...

anyone can install the thing....

sort of leads one to think "anyone can use it to tune" and that I am afraid is not true in the literal sense... I can buy a gun and bullets, does not make me competent to use them however...

as far as "malicious" postings? sure could be an issue but I have seen just as bad posted in some advice threads
smile.gif

Back