why has Power Commander left out the modified air?

Harvestor

Registered
I have played with this power commander many times with MY Lap Top......and have concluded that starting with a ZERO Map and going positive gradually until at redline I have values of 12 to 15 in the positive, the Power Commander map for Yosh 312 is a phucking joke and dont compensate for the small box mod letting all that fresh air in and is too lean........all those minuses are for a stock air box,, bunch of B.S. man why has Power Commander left out the modified air box mod ?
My bike is so much more street-able with MY Map ! No flat hesitation spots and run faster in the Quarter than the pre loaded maps!
I have a FULL Yosh Duplex R-22 4 into 1 and small box mod with PCIII USB ...
Even the " stock filter and stock exaust 312-001 map " runs better than Yosh map at the track!!! and is much richer in it's settings than yosh map, W.T.F.!!!!!!

so the + and - values are in fact amount of fuel added or removed? I have not fooled around at all with the map on mine (and I know it needs help) but I was unsure why there were so many minus values... thought maybe I was misunderstanding what the values meant...

also, there seems to be some idiosyncrasies.. like from one cell to the the next might be a 10 or 15 number jump.. seems pretty large for an adjoining cell value..

could I see your "DIY" map?

You do realize that all bike are different, even with the same mods? How many bikes does the Power Commander sold for? Customers are their source of the maps. If you want them to offer a small air box mod map you'll have to send it to them.

could I see your "DIY" map?

Yes

I will transfer my map info on here before monday..

I will have to spend time and do it by hand to re-create it.

The just of it goes like this...

LOOK at 312-001 and make the values higher at 80% and 100% only...
This will get you near mine...

I will post it when I have time...

But trust me, you guy's who put the yosh map in and feel and experiance the hestitation at stop lights when driving in the city know what I mean.....

I tell you try the 312-001 map and make the values higher at 80% and 100% tps incrementally from 5000 RPM's and you will be a believer!

common sense says with the AIR Box Opened up you have Much more Air Leaning out your fuel delivery, so you need to enrichen all figures, start with stock map at 312-001 and use common sense at 80% and 100% values you need to incrementally give higher values from 5000 RPM's in these ranges and by the time you are at 100% TPS at 11,500 RPM's you should be at 15 , 14 at 11,000, 13 at 10,500, 12 at 10,000 RPM's and downward

QUOTE:
" bunch of B.S. man why has Power Commander left out the modified air box mod ?

AFTER 10 PHUCKING YEARS & NOBODY HAS GIVIN A MAP TO POWER COMMANDER EXPERTS FOR DISTRIBUTION? WTF ?

Too many years have gone by to have an excuse! PCIII's should have UPDATED Info by Now WTF!...........The maps say 2002 WTF?

WHAT A JOKE A PHUCKING JOKE I SAY!!!

10 Years is more than enough time to have better and MORE info..........No other PRODUCTION Machine has this long on the market with so few changes, we should have more info than any other Sportbike ever on the market!...WTF

QUOTE:
" bunch of B.S. man why has Power Commander left out the modified air box mod ?

AFTER 10 PHUCKING YEARS & NOBODY HAS GIVIN A MAP TO POWER COMMANDER EXPERTS FOR DISTRIBUTION? WTF ?

Too many years have gone by to have an excuse! PCIII's should have UPDATED Info by Now WTF!...........The maps say 2002 WTF?
DAMN DUDE.......calm down, or gonna give your self a stroke.....sounds like your making good progress
thumb_up.gif
id like to see your map also, 4 tenths is damn good.

yes the Yosh map Is 4 tenths SLOWER at the track than Mine, 3 tenths less than the 312-001 stock map..wtf

I know I am just pissed that 10 years and the info is not out there.

the internet has only been popular since 1996 ish and that is only 12 years ago and for the last 10 years the HAYABUSA has been on the market so you would think we HAYABUSA Owners would have all of the info that could possably exist at our access by Google-ing maps etc...
And you get a brand new 2008 PCIII USB and the disk has info from 2002 model year? this PISSES ME OFF!.............SOB

Maybe nobody here has sent them a map to distribute. Kind of hard to send out a map if you don't have every bike, with every possible mod to play with and verify. Calm down and breathe.

You do realize that all bike are different, even with the same mods?  How many bikes does the Power Commander sold for?  Customers are their source of the maps.  If you want them to offer a small air box mod map you'll have to send it to them.
Well said. All bikes have different results even with the same mods.To get the most out of any engine mod you are going to have to have a custom map made on a dynomometer by a good tuner. The other way is hit or miss. Unless your name is Quasar. That man is a genius with maps.

no he isn't
Quazars maps are rich nothing more.
and he is charging you $$$
lurk.gif

a real map rocks.
like I have always posted if you want a downloaded map it is going to be crap.
the stock map that comes in it is better than the pipe maps.

Thanxs for the info I love these forums for the insights into mods and equipment for the Busa... Sorry for all ur aggravation buddy. Tweaking a bike not for people with high blood pressure like me i think. Good luck

PC-llls are on the way down,Chinese parts and big shots running the co.that could give a sheet about you. Ever call the 1 800 line? one of the bigshots told me they had 400 calls a day on one line.Your right , no advancement in 10 yrs. Get a Tune Boy.
guns.gif

Back