power commander 2 prob

hayabusa00

Registered
hi guys can anyone help??? i am trying to conect my laptop to a pc 2 via a usb to serial . i have no serial ports on my laptop. checked thread out but got no anwer.. got latest software from DJ etc i keep getting port open cant find pc. leads are all good etc !!!!!! bikes a 2000 model . ignition on kill switch in run..... :banghead:

i know its no help right now ar 330am, but i have the part u need to make it talk, ill edit the post when i get home. and i even need to spend 30 mins trying to remmeber how the right order is.. its such a biotch.

a pc2 doesnt have the 9v thing, thats a pc3.

sorry for the delay, i tried to find this thread this morning but couldnt. the part i use is a belkin f5i109 usb/serial adaptor

NEW Belkin USB Serial Adapter Part# F5U109 NEW - eBay (item 180337310949 end time Mar-20-09 16:37:18 PDT)

install the DRIVER!!! mine didnt wanna do **** cause i didnt have the driver installed. as far as how to do it. turn the bike to the on position and kill switch on, open the pc2 software, find the port (mine is comm 3) then start the bike.

I use the belkin piece for alot of the audio equipment programing i do for work...my laptop has no serial port either...and the crestron,nuvo and other audio gear all uses it...

I've seen many problems using a usb to serial on this type of equipment.

i'll give that try AZIROC..thanks will let you know.. DJ dont offer any drivers or usb serial lead for pc2.. all they said was there could be problems with that connection! no **** eh !:laugh:

well got lead got drivers got laptop bike blah blah blah..... hooked up open power commander.......... f**ck all :banghead: drag desk top down to bike ( it was easyer trust me ) used serial to serial and straight in !!:cheerleader: got the the map on i wanted its just buggin me why usb to serial aint connecting? maybe vista is messin wi me .... desk top is on xp? i'll keep tryin and let u know what happens:thumbsup:

i know i had to drag the desktop down once cause it was XP and my laptop is vista.. and for awhile i thought it was vista. but yea, for me it was just cause i didnt have the driver installed.

Back