HELP! POWER COMMANDER

OB_bimmerbusa

Registered
I just installed the pcii. It came with map#3 micron map. I hooked up my laptop, com1 to the pcii. ignition switch on and kill switch in the run position. the message says. COM PORT OPENED BUT NO POWER COMMANDER FOUND. What am I doing wrong?

I need to load map#2 high flow slip ons..

Try hooking her up to the PC then loading the software. As the software loads it should sus the port properly. Load the map required and all should be well.

Start with the connectors. Are they carefully installed. Second consider the sequence that you do things. Try powering up the bike first then the PC and the program. Third check your PC itself, is the COM1 port in use by another application, perhaps a modem.

Do this, then let us know what you found. We will watch the forum today for you.

Lyle may be right about your computer configuration for the port.
Click the port heading in the power commander program to bring down the possible ports. Select AUTO.
If auto is already selected, try the others one by one unless you KNOW which port you computer uses for 232 connection.

Thanks guys for prodding me along. It turns out that after you plug in the connections for the first time the bike has to be started once. Then it works like a charm.
f'in phenomenal. I only dreamed about being able to do this when i put an intercooler on and ran 15 lbs of turbo boost on my 1984 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 15 years ago.

Technology is amazing. I am using Two brothers titanium slip ons. When i put the BMC filter in, i will be hooking up a HALTECH o2 meter with oxygen sensor and adjusting everything optimum. I will let you know as things progress.

Thanks again!

Just remember to always have the bike in NEUTRAL I had they same thing happen to me ,it took me awhile to figure out that the fuel pump and wiring harness doesn't power up until this happens.I assume thats probally what happened to you ,since you stated that you had to start the bike first,you prombally just didn't realize it wasn't in neutral.

I had this problem and had to remove the IR port from the device properties in my laptop. It's funny it never screwed with anything else I had in COM1, but I'll be damned if that didn't fix it. This was per DynoJet's instructions.

I'm picking up my 2000 model in the next week or so and need some help.

Could someone be so kind as to e-mail we with info on using my laptop to adjust the fuel injection system like the setup being discussed in this thread?

TIA,

Curt Easterbrook
CURTE@EMAIL.COM

BimmerBusa,

With the Haltech O2 meter you have to take some precautions.
A) Make sure the meter AND O2 meter ground wires are directly grounded to the neg side of the battery.

B) Make sure you get a 4-wire O2 meter. (4 wire is heated)

C) IF possible, mount an exhaust temp probe right next to the O2 sensor, Narrowband O2 sensors are very temperature sensative, the voltage out put varies with temp. The Haltech meter comes with good instructions about the temp. differences

This may sound like a allot of work, but the Haltech is the best tuning aid you can put on your Busa.....

gsxr1300...MOTORHEAD,

The o2 sensor is straight from TW Induction. Its the same one that comes with the HALMETER. Its only 3 wires and supposed to be heated. positive,negative,info.

I will definitely wire directly to the battery. Just like the Valentine1.

I don't know much about exhaust temp probes.. you guys will have to help me out on that.

Thanks for the info on 4-6 bars. I need to get the female welded into the stock pipes somewhere, I was thinking just after the 4-1 join. is that too far away? How else can this be done?

I already experimented with map 2 and it was bogging a little between 3500 and 5500. I ended up changing to map 1 and keeping the high end at 0 because map 1 leans out the high end. (my first custom map) The bike seems to haul *** now but I need to get the HALMETER hooked up.

haltech has wide bands available.you want these because they are more accurate in the non stoichiometric levels .you want your bike to run around 4-6bars into the rich scale, depending on how far from your exh.port you locate the sensor.

Back