Power Commander communication issue.

Audiomaker

Registered
Hi All,

Just got my Busa back from Houston and I've downloaded the Power Commander software to my spare Windows laptop (ugh...painful when coming off a Mac).

Here's the symptoms...

Windows 7

Power Commander was hooked up and working (communicating) when on the dyno in Houston 2700mi ago (as far as I know, I didn't hook it up or notice the wiring).

Tried 3 different USB cables... made sure they were seated.

Plug in to laptop... software sees connection, SN N/A

Turn on ignition, software tries to communicate only when the first pre-start whine is being made (fuel pump I think), then goes offline once the whine stops or if I start the engine.

Will show "No Power Commander Connected" with engine running. I only get a moment of communication when the ignition is first turned on (when it whines).

I actually got a map during this short period, but it seems like something is wrong.

Ideas?

Thanks
Sean

Could be the power commander itself.
It's not uncommon for them to go bad.

Well I was able to get the map out of it, but only for the couple seconds that the fuel pump whine is on when you first turn the ignition on.

I'm wondering if it could be wired wrong or?

I cannot find a wiring diagram or installation manual on dynojet's site.

map0-1.jpg

After a short period of thine the bike shuts power to the circuit if it is not running.

Start it and do it while it is running.

Otherwise you need a 9 volt battery and harness to do it.

After a short period of thine the bike shuts power to the circuit if it is not running.

Start it and do it while it is running.

Otherwise you need a 9 volt battery and harness to do it.

Yeah, see... that's the weird thing...

If I start the bike and have it running THEN plug in the USB cable between the PC and the Laptop... "No Power Commander Found".
At this point, the PwrCmd has one LED lit... the bottom-most "lean" one on the ladder, but then is not recognized by the software (and I will then get a "Device not recognized error 43 message from Windows).

Bike off (not running ignition off) = SN N/A and "Not communicating"

Bike in whine mode = Correct SN and data with Throttle position and tach... but only while the whine is going (2-3 seconds), then "No Power Commander Found" after that.

Bike running or start bike during whine = "No Power Commander Found".

It's enough to drive ya nuts!

Sean

Update:

Called Dynojet. They couldn't fix it either. Could just be a F'ckd up USB port on it.

Looks like I'm in the market for one, but seriously considering ecueditor if that works with my Gen1 Turbo bike.

(sigh)

Sean
P.S. Sixpack was right.

Back