Pot Hole equals two bent wheels!!!!

Thats mess up, hope you change atleast the tire right away. The rim repair might be the less expensive and seems to be good.

Sorry to hear about it. I had something very similar happen to me a few years back. I was riding to a track day, and was chaning lanes on the highway in the middle of nowhere and hit a huge pothole at about 80. Both rims bent, luckily didn't lose any air. The track day was out of the question though. So, stayed overnight in the motel, and headed home in the morning. Got used wheels on Ebay.

Had the same issue with my rear rim.Tried to find a used one but most of them where suspicious(probably repaired).For a moment I decided "NEW".I forgot it at once....630 USD !!!! Finally.... cold repare for 70 USD.Amazing !!!!Completely straight ....minor scratches(just one) painted by myself .I blamed the stiff suspension(by factory) for that damage and I reduced rear and front spring force by two turns minus and compression absorption by two clics minus for front and rear.Busa became a sport tourer at last:beerchug:

Last edited:
They can be repaired. I would drive by the pothole and take a picture of it and the surrounding area. Present the pictures to the city or county for an insurance claim, they do have insurance for pothole damage. Take pictures of the damage also..........

+1 to that, i have heard of people getting things fixed because they hit a pothole and done damage.

Back