Posting kills is kinda silly

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
When I got up this morning, my mom called and asked if I would like to have breakfast (biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon and eggs... home made).  My family sleeps until about 1100 on Saturdays so I said, "Hell yeah, see ya in a few".  Geared up, jumped on Guinevere, and headed to mom and dads.  Had breakfast sat and chatted a while then decided it was time to come home (painting the house today).  

As I accelerated onto the interstate (mild acceleration), a C5 ZO6 dropped in beside me.  No biggie, I don't usually take the risk, (LEO), or waste the gas to play with cages.  He dropped a couple of gears and started doing the rev rev rev stuff.  I am in 6th at 80 just cruising.  I shook my head at him (wasn't in the mood).  He continued to goad me and I must admit, he won.

I downshifted to 3rd and tucked in, I glanced over, he tipped in so I hammered the proverbial dog defecation outa Guinevere and faithful as always she exploded.  Accidentally bounced the rev limiter in 3rd.  4th was solid and smooth she was pulling like a freight train, 5th and 6th the same.  I rolled off at 160mph, the vette was way back.  Sat up at about 130 to use the ultimate air brake, me and dropped back to 80.  

He signaled for me to pull over at the next exit, no prob.  We stopped at the little convenience store and chatted.  He said that he had never seen a Busa under full throttle and was very impressed.  He had basic mods to the vette.

Now having told my little kill story this morning.  I do not advocate racing on the highway.  The interstate was clear with no on-ramps in where we were playing.  

Be safe and have fun.  If you get a chance to smack the ego of a sports car owner, safely, have a blast.

Have a great day all, I am going to paint the house.

Don

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: "Can't Spell..................LOL"|1149951993 -->

beerchug.gif
Good work
cool.gif

Had the same car pull up right on my azz going into a tight turning corner leading to an on ramp. Once out of the corner, I put the hammer down, and the vet looked like he put on the brakes.

Don, I don't advocate exceeding the speed limit (
smile.gif
) - but every now and then, you gotta lay the smackdown!

The only reason it would look like a newer Corvette put the brakes on in a corner, would be so it didn't run over the bike in the corner. And yes, a Busa will out accelerate it in the exit. A Busa will out accelerate any stock bike, and most modded cars in the straights. The C6 Corvette can out corner a Busa buy quite a margin. The Busa will loose traction at about .90 latteral Gs. The C6 Z51 can hold to about .98, and the C6 Z06 hold to 1.02 Gs.

Now I know a few peeps are ticked at me for bashing the mighty Busa, but it's the "been there, done that" thing. And I still can't wait to get another Busa.
tounge.gif

"The dead only know one thing, it is better to be alive" - Full Metal Jacket

The only reason it would look like a newer Corvette put the brakes on in a corner, would be so it didn't run over the bike in the corner.  And yes, a Busa will out accelerate it in the exit.  A Busa will out accelerate any stock bike, and most modded cars in the straights.  The C6 Corvette can out corner a Busa buy quite a margin.  The Busa will loose traction at about .90 latteral Gs.  The C6 Z51 can hold to about .98, and the C6 Z06 hold to 1.02 Gs.

Now I know a few peeps are ticked at me for bashing the mighty Busa, but it's the "been there, done that" thing.  And I still can't wait to get another Busa.
tounge.gif
I don't think you were Busa bashing, just stating numbers. We are talking about a C5 ZO6 not the C6 and it was a roll on from 80mph or so.

Don

The only reason it would look like a newer Corvette put the brakes on in a corner, would be so it didn't run over the bike in the corner.  And yes, a Busa will out accelerate it in the exit.  A Busa will out accelerate any stock bike, and most modded cars in the straights.  The C6 Corvette can out corner a Busa buy quite a margin.  The Busa will loose traction at about .90 latteral Gs.  The C6 Z51 can hold to about .98, and the C6 Z06 hold to 1.02 Gs.

Now I know a few peeps are ticked at me for bashing the mighty Busa, but it's the "been there, done that" thing.  And I still can't wait to get another Busa.
tounge.gif
I don't think you were Busa bashing, just stating numbers.  We are talking about a C5 ZO6 not the C6 and it was a roll on from 80mph or so.

Don
I know I wasn't Busa bashing.  And thank you for also seeing I wasn't Busa bashing.  The disclaimer was included for those who would read part way thru it and assume the rest of it was to put down the performace of their baby.

All the same, I thought you were talking about a C5, and not a C6, but my experience is with a C6.  So that's what I stated.

Anywho, happy riding!

I'm going Busa shopping today.  Gotta stay prepped for the 07 LE!  
race.gif

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149969091 -->

Gotcha TruW,
I would like to do an 80mph roll-in with a C6 ZO6, if for no other reason than to hang back and watch that car move. For the price that one of those can be had it is an incredible machine.

Don

It's nice to feed those sports car guys some humble pie once in a while. I had fun just a few hours ago riding my SV1000 on the freeway when some punk teens in their obnoxiously loud "fast and furious" Honda decided to speed up when I went to slowly pass them. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and politely tried again, when they really accelerated this time and took off for races. Once I got over my laughing fit, I didn't even bother to downshift, but instead just let the V-twin torque do its thing. When I blew by them at 130 still accelerating hard, I hope they got a good earful of my Leo Vince pipes at 10k RPM so they can know what a real exhaust should sound like.

Ah just remember. You really only "get them" if they really think their faster than you. I know most motorcycles are faster than my C6 Z51. And my Vette will be faster than most decsent bikes after I do my next major mod. A Magnasun Super Charger at 7psi. I'm doing it for the pleasure of having an incredibly fast car, that can push to 200mph if desired (with enough straight, unoccupied road), and enjoy insane cornering speeds in. It will never accelerate faster than any descent sportbike, but I can make it pretty close to most.
biggrin.gif
Then when I get the new Busa, watchout! I'll have an incredibly fast car, and an insanely fast bike!
cool.gif

Back