Kinda Sore

Kildore

Registered
Was in a wrech today. Just got off shift from the fire dept. Was on my way home. Gas is actually going down in price so decided to stop and fill up my '09 SS/TC Cobalt. One block from my house is where the wreck was and the fill up station is 2 blocks from there. I had the right of way and the woman.. totally ran the STOP sign. Really not sure of her speed, but i was between 30-35mph. Hit the driver side front fender just before my door. The airbag did deploy and OnStar was talking to me within a few seconds. I watched the bag deploy in slow motion... lol.. what an experience. A slight whip lash and a burn on my right wrist from the bag deploying. X-rays showed that nothing was out of place or broken. So, a good day :thumbsup: 83yo woman heading to go get her glasses. After it happened she explained to me about her husband. He is dying in the hospital and she was pretty frazzled about that. I was still in uniform and come to find out she knew my dad, retired FF, and her husband was also a fire fighter. I asked if she would like for me to pray with her about her husband. God puts us in the right spots some times. It was fortunate that neither of us were hurt and a blessing that i was able to pray with her at that time.

Awesome story and glad everyone is ok. Auto damage is easily fixed. Too bad about her husband and good on you for not going off!!

I think my car is totalled. Frame is smashed and bent.. that half of the bay.. USED to be full, and now is part of the block. I think my fender is still attached to her bumper! lol...

But VERY true.. people are not so easily fixed.

Good on you. Sometimes we need a break, Everyones life problems affect their driving skills at times.

glad everyone was able to walk away! great job of keeping your cool, understanding the situation, and making the best of it :beerchug:

Glad to hear you are OK. Good thing you where not on the bike.

So many times that has went threw my head and also my family/friends. The one answer i had for them.. was that i probably wouldn't have been going for fuel! lol.. keep a stash of 93 oct at home.

God works in mysterious ways and who are we to question them.
Sorry about the wreck but maybe in his own strange way he put you there to meet her so that you could offer her some comfort? While I'd be upset with her for causing the wreck for me it's really hard to get mad at that generation. I deal with them every day and hear their stories. The majority of them have done alot for us. I'm happy to not be speaking German or Japanese :)
Happy you nor her were hurt.

All that every one has said is what really was going threw my mind. No reason to get mad... unless is was a hoolagan doing things that need to be done far away from other people.
After i had my head back into order.. making sure she was alright was first priority. I'm the one usually responding to things like this.. i have had my share of personal wrecks. This has the worse though. I have insurance and uninsured motorist.. im covered.

How you said God works in mysterious ways is so true. Funny thing is .. my pastor and i try to meet up once a week and talk over books and read the bible to gether when we can. One prayer was to be able to allow me to use my car to better serve Him. It sure is one way to do it. Funny, but not what i was expecting.

I owe so much to God.

Well... finally was able to get some pix. I have not made contact with the woman involved, but i think she is doing fine. Here are a few pix of my car. Did not take any way up close.. we zoomed in on the pic with the cam to look at details, but the frame is bent.

DSCN0463.jpg

DSCN0461.jpg

DSCN0459.jpg

Back