Casualty at home - While I am in Houston

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Any of you military guys or folks that have to travel on business know that the day after you leave, something goes wrong at home.

I am in Houston with my dad and brother. Mom is in the hospital. I flew in yesterday.

I got a frantic call from Kimberly at 1900 saying the garage door had come off the track and was hanging precariously over Guinevere (my busa). I called Shibumi and asked for an assist. He was in the check out line at Wal-mart and said, "No prob, heading there now". When he pulled into the driveway and got out of the car, there was my wife under the garage door guarding Guinevere. Her words to Lucas were, "I am here ready to throw my body over the bike to protect it".

I ask you this, could you have a more awesome spouse than that?

Big props to Shibumi, he got the door down and secured. Thanks a lot brother.

On another note, I spoke with Tango1300 today. Looks like I will get some ride time and some track time while I am down here on his Busa. Thanks a ton David, I hope we can get it worked out.

Mom is getting better day-by-day. The Dr. said we are going one day at a time. She has an infection in her abdominal cavity and will be in ICU for at least another week. They took her off the ventilator today so we could actually speak with her. She is in good spirits and that goes a long way towards her getting better.

Thanks for all the prayers and support. It means more than you can know to my family and me.

Don

Thanks for the update Bro...bout time you got some good news
beerchug.gif

Glad to hear your moms improving. Will pray for her and your family.

And yes what a great wife you've got. I let mine read the post and she agreed to do the same should the situation arise. What a gal.

Now thats a keeper wife.... And props to you "Shibumi"; you sir are the man! I'm telling you the oRg is full of good people. Don, hope all is still well with your mother. Will be keeping her and your family in our prayers through these tough times.

Glad to hear your mother is getting on in the right direction! Will keep her and your family in my thoughts!

beerchug.gif
to your wife!
bowdown.gif
to you for finding the 1 in a million!

Glad to hear your mom is doing better.

I need to show my wife this thread. She would be moving my motorcycle to keep the door from hitting the ground.
smile.gif

it's great to hear the good news about your mom

bowdown.gif
to Kimberly and Shibumi

Heck if my first wire ever offered to throw her body at ME...I mighta thought about keeping her.....let alone my beloved toys.

I ask you this, could you have a more awesome spouse than that?[/Quote]
I admire her conviction however, you can always tell the young couples from the more mature. A seasoned spouse would have had the digital camera out taking "before" photos for the insurance claim and started practicing on the phrase "my back didn't hurt like this before that garage door fell on it"
tounge.gif

hope your Mom is ok, and hey you better by that wife of yours something nice for that one and shibumi.
beerchug.gif

Glad to hear Mom is doing better. Please tell her I said hello and get well soon. I will not say anything smart to my wife about the garage door thing, I still need her to dress me in the morning!
biggrin.gif

Hope your mom continues to improve and get well.

Tell her I said to hang tough!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Back