possible jail time for baptism

nabusa

Registered
I saw on foxnews that a mother who gave her two children baptism might be possibly going to jail due to ex-husband pressing charges against her. Now being a Christian myself I see two things wrong. Her ex-husband is Christian also (a true christian would not do this) but is pressing charges because he wanted to baptise them at a younger age. Second thing wrong is now you can be arrested for baptisms in our country. That is just absolutely awesome. This country gets worse by the second. I get so wowed watching/reading the news lately.

It should have been both of thier decision, not just the mothers. Has nothing to do with the religious aspect but everything to do with parenting rights. I hope he wins.

It should have been both of thier decision, not just the mothers. Has nothing to do with the religious aspect but everything to do with parenting rights. I hope he wins.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

ummm ...wow....if this means i can sue my ex for doing things with the kids i didnt approve of or was given option to participate in or have a choice in.....she going to jail for a long time....what bullcrap..... welcome to a society of broken homes. to allow this to happen would only create a new string of PC crap.

ummm ...wow....if this means i can sue my ex for doing things with the kids i didnt approve of or was given option to participate in or have a choice in.....she going to jail for a long time....what bullcrap..... welcome to a society of broken homes. to allow this to happen would only create a new string of PC crap.
If it means that I have a better chance of having a choice in how my children are raised, I'm all for it.

I wouldn't want the court system riddled with lawsuits like this anymore than the next person, BUT there is an expectation during divorce/living apart when you have kids, and the sad fact is that far too many don't care what they do with their kids and how the ex-spouse might feel about it. I know people very close to me that hate some of the things their ex does with the kids, and very little, if any input is ever asked of the other parent.

My ex and I work very well together with regards to what's best for the kids, and any major decisions that affect our children, we talk to the other one. I'm thankful that despite all the bad mojo between us, we are always able to put ourselves aside and do what's best for the kids with the consent of both parents. It's common sense to some, but for others, it takes a judge :banghead:

If it means that I have a better chance of having a choice in how my children are raised, I'm all for it.

if you wanted rational thinking on how to raise your child without pettiness or immaturity to be involved... be single...and adopt. otherwise we are left to human nature and big goverment.

I wouldn't want the court system riddled with lawsuits like this anymore than the next person, BUT there is an expectation during divorce/living apart when you have kids, and the sad fact is that far too many don't care what they do with their kids and how the ex-spouse might feel about it. I know people very close to me that hate some of the things their ex does with the kids, and very little, if any input is ever asked of the other parent.

My ex and I work very well together with regards to what's best for the kids, and any major decisions that affect our children, we talk to the other one. I'm thankful that despite all the bad mojo between us, we are always able to put ourselves aside and do what's best for the kids with the consent of both parents. It's common sense to some, but for others, it takes a judge :banghead:

va i understand ...but when you deal with this philosophy "i carried them for 9 months...(insert rest of ego inflating, self serving dribble about why "they" have more say than you as a father).... it will never be equal no matter what courts interject...hell courts still have historically sided with mother and created this vacuum of equal rights and decision making. trust me as a father who always wanted and willing to raise his children i had been told many many many times by the court system that even though i had the stable home and higher income...i was not as effective as a woman in the ability to appropriately raise children.

I think both parents should be involved in decisions regardless of marital status, provided both parents have a legal say in things (ie one did not give up their rights or lose them for being a sh@tbag). The news media is taking the act of baptism and sensationalizing the story to either A) fit their agenda or B) drive ratings. This issue could have just as easily had the heading "husband sues wife for parental interference, update at 5pm" :whistle: That headline though would likely barely raise an eyebrow but happens every single day thousands if not hundreds of thousands of times in this country alone.

That being said, if I could relocate my family to Europe or Australia for a few years right now I would do it so fast we'd all be buying new underwear when we arrived :laugh:

My problem with this is now the children (Not sure of ages) are gonna see there baptism as a bad thing, something that made mommy and daddy fight. So how are they gonna react? Are they gonna rebel against the parents? Maybe but more than likely they will rebel against the religion!!! So the father might be upset but all he is doing is pushing his father farther from the religion that he himself whats them closer too!! Plus come on I was from a broken home my mom moved us to FL without my dad wanting to but he made it work, and if she did something he wanted to do he just did it anyways! I was baptised multiple times!!! This is al In My Opinion though I dont have kids I was just a broken home latch key kid!!!!

va i understand ...but when you deal with this philosophy "i carried them for 9 months...(insert rest of ego inflating, self serving dribble about why "they" have more say than you as a father).... it will never be equal no matter what courts interject...hell courts still have historically sided with mother and created this vacuum of equal rights and decision making. trust me as a father who always wanted and willing to raise his children i had been told many many many times by the court system that even though i had the stable home and higher income...i was not as effective as a woman in the ability to appropriately raise children.

Hence I push for the Dad's rights more than any other woman I know. I've watched far too many Dads lose their right to anything over an overbearing, overzealous, selfish idiot of a mother. I don't think Moms should ever have all the say, ever. If you are a responsible parent, you should have a say, always, in how YOUR children are raised, man or woman.

And trust me, I KNOW the court system is jacked up and favors Moms, and I absolutely hate that! I think that was my driving force during my divorce, to create a very equal situation for both myself and my ex. I'm the one that opted to not take child support (or any money for that matter), and I'm the one that suggested our kids are with me one week, then Dad the next...we've been doing it for 3+ years now and it works. I don't tie up the court system with my need for revenge on him, and that, sadly, is what too many Moms do.

I also firmly believe that if both parents aren't on the same page with raising kids, agreeing on certain things together, then the kids are raised with very mixed up messages. It's a sad way to live if your the child...

there is a local store that has this saying on their sign and it applys here... "IRONY is asking the government to fix what it created"

When mommy and daddy start taking each other for court for religious views what do you think will happen to kids? And people wonder why kids just don't care about anything these days. There is no reason for this to have even gone to court. Why would I have to be jailed if for example I lets say take my children to church when their mother is an atheist and is completely against it? Oh because the other party does not agree? This isn't a oh she toke her kids out of state or out the country or got a tattoo. It was a religious issue hence why the courts have no reason to get in the middle.

When mommy and daddy start taking each other for court for religious views what do you think will happen to kids? And people wonder why kids just don't care about anything these days. There is no reason for this to have even gone to court. Why would I have to be jailed if for example I lets say take my children to church when their mother is an atheist and is completely against it? Oh because the other party does not agree? This isn't a oh she toke her kids out of state or out the country or got a tattoo. It was a religious issue hence why the courts have no reason to get in the middle.

Well, unfortunately, it may be easy as outsiders to pass judgement on any of this, and I'm sure your own beliefs color your overall feelings about this as well. That's unavoidable...

I'm actively in the middle of co-parenting (I think that's what they call it nowadays; I call it common sense when you have kids and your marriage falls apart LOL). Anyway, my ex and I both agreed to a certain way to raise our sons with regards to religion. Well, as soon as he found his new gal, I've seen signs of him changing his core beliefs, following his girlfriend's lead. That's fine, I'm not going to judge him for that at all, but we both did agree to certain things when we were together, what we thought was best for our sons. If he were to opt to change that now, and not say anything to me, I would be upset. So far, it seems he's respecting our initial agreement and hasn't changed anything with regards to our initial plans for our kids, and for that, I'm very thankful.

So, I can see this becoming an issue, and as a parent in the situation I'm in, I can see how it would create problems for all involved. Bottom line - responsible parenting, even if you're apart, requires open communication and unfortunately, that's not how things usually work in the real world. If this Dad doesn't challenge this, he's just allowing his kids to be raised as she sees fit and losing more and more rights all along the way. Nothing says the courts will rule in his favor, but some things are worth fighting for...

:2cents:

I wonder what would be said in the courtroom if he sued under religious persecution. (?)

Didn't read all the post. It all depends on the divorce agreement or settlement. Some talk of shared decisions but give the final say to mom. I think it's wise of the court. Otherwise the poor kids would be put through hell until they grew up and moved away from the real children.

horse crapp! dads an azzhat, putting the kids thru hell just to take a shot at the x? DONT make kids if cant stay together and raise um! Dont crawl in the sack with some one you dont want a kid with!

Like I tell my wife, without my lil swimmers she'd have nothing to cook in that oven for nine months.
Just as much mine as hers.

Back