Poor man's mod

1ibandit

Registered
Read some posts last week about see your mounts. I noticed a mount that went into the hole on the triple tree. Being the cheap ass I am I made my own.
We took a 600 mile road trip and I used the mount I made. It worked perfect. It costed me $1.49 and 20 minutes. Pic worth 1000 words

uploadfromtaptalk1315356741570.jpg
With phone and camera mounts.
uploadfromtaptalk1315356793713.jpg
All the pieces of aluminum I had and just cut and drilled to fit.
uploadfromtaptalk1315356825667.jpg
Put it back on without the phone and camera mounts.
I got the bolt from menards and it removes in seconds.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1315356741570.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1315356793713.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1315356825667.jpg

Right on! That's using the noodle! and it looks all of the $1.49 invested:thumbsup:
If it works for you then more power to you!

When it is done it will be powder coated black and have some red funny looking symbols on it.... Just like the mufflers on the bike.....

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How does the bolt stay in the triple tree?

The bolt expands as you tighten up the nut. It is just tight enough to make sure it doesn't turn. You can remove it in about 30 seconds. As I said it worked great...i will powder coat next week.

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is a bolt you put into things like concrete. The sleeve slides over the bottom of the bolt and expands into place. I would not make that too tight like he said earlier. Those put out alot of outward pressure.

Isn't that aluminum going to damage the triple tree??? Well I guess some foam padding on the back would solve that....

Couldn't you do it with 1 single piece of Aluminum cut in a V shape than overlapping beams??? Not feeling the mod but glad you enjoy it.

Wait till its done... after powdercoating and stuff. Also it doesn't touch the triple tree other then going in the hole. I cut them to fit close to the rise that the handle bar goes in. Next week they should be done I will repost...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Looks OK, but I would round the corners off and make it to where it overlaps the other lower piece completely down at the bottom of the "V". You on the right track though. :beerchug:

PC it black won't change the look much other then the color.

Back