Polishing

Bigbody

Registered
My dad used to polish jet engine parts using a rubber wheel. I was planning on polishing my frame but I was going to use sand paper and do it by hand. He suggested using the air compressor with a rubber wheel. Anybody ever done this before?

I am polishing my wheels and it is a b@#$!.
I will be glad when I am done.
Thought about the frame but not soon I am tired of polishing.

I would think the wheels would be harder because of the shape. Keep on fighting the good fight, they'll be purty in the end.

no one here using rubbers...  everyone must be married
laugh.gif

My dad used to polish jet engine parts using a rubber wheel.  I was planning on polishing my frame but I was going to use sand paper and do it by hand.  He suggested using the air compressor with a rubber wheel.  Anybody ever done this before?
I was thinking something along those lines myself. I bet no matter which method you use, when you get done you will be tired of polishing. Hmmm, wonder if I can just do it nonstop over a weekend . . . . or if not, do it one half at a time, that way noone could see both sides at once
smile.gif

I just noticed today that you can use leather boots to get it polished quite nicely . . . . the spot on my right side rear set where the boot rests is shiny as hell!

-JoeDillo:D

Ask your Dad, NV. then get back to us on what compounds are required and any specifics, such as speed and prep. These old blokes have quite a few tricks up their collective flannelette sleeves.

Back