Polishing To Chrome Like Finish

02bluebusa

Registered
So I wanted a chrome look but I didn't want the problems that came along with chroming. I decided to try a little polishing myself. I Started on the frame and did a little on the swingarm as you can see and so far it's coming out pretty good for a amateur. I think the hardest thing will be the rims because of the small and hard to reach areas to be sanded. I started sanding before I took pics so I'll have to start with these pics. Anyone else do polishing that can give tips or comment on how or what to use to get the sanding done on the hard/tight places on rims?
20160419_011315.jpg
20160421_151158.jpg

20160421_151158.jpg

20160421_150756.jpg

Looks good. Just from experience I would say, after you get done and it is the way you like it, get it clear coated. Keeping raw aluminum looking like chrome is a full time job.

Yep, one ride and your knees are going to cloud the frame up.
I hope you like polishing, cuz you're gonna be doing alot of it.

I've had two bikes in the past that had polished frames. I didn't have any trouble from them and only touched them up every couple months. It really wasn't bad, that's why I decided to polish this one. If kept up you only need to do a very light polish like 15 min. Job Every so often. I use a protector that makes it last longer without oxidizing.

Back