Can titanium exhaust system be mirror polished?

FLY-N-PUMPKIN

Registered
I'm thinking of going with a full Ti system, but I'm not big on the golden/purple look it seems to give off. Can the can be sanded and polished to a MIRROR finish?

as long as you polish it on a regular basis......yes! any pipe is going to change color from the exhaust heat temps, the only way to have that "mirror" finish is by CONSTANTLY polishing them.

ummmm...I dont think you can actually Polish Ti, cuz of its resistance to heat...but I could be wrong.
My TiForce can doesnt change colors but the piping does-it may be from thickness of piping or the proximity to heat- I dont think exhaust can will heat up as much, esp. with muffler material to absorb some of it...
just my .02c
cool.gif

Well I got a good deal on a Akrapovic EVO full Ti system. I'm just not really into the finish look of Titanium. For the deal I'm getting, I'm not going to let it bother me, I just thought I would see if it could be buffed out to a mirror finish.

stick with the stock look-it'll grow on you...think of it as 'understated excellence' in engineering; Akro Ti systems are very well built and last until, well....way after you're dead, and the bike's been recycled into flying car parts, lol
beerchug.gif

I think Ti raw looks frickin awesome-my weddn band and my other fav. ring are both Ti, I have Skagen watches made of Ti, and the Ti Force exhaust is just SICK!
*did I mention I used to be CNC machinist?
cool.gif
metals are kewl

BusaPics_061.JPG

Back