lookin for info on polishing

my04busa

Registered
sup everyone i wanna polish my frame on my 04 busa...i never did this before and was wonderin if someone can give me ideas on what to do and what i need to do the job.... hope someone can help me out thanks....

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

Wheels are easy frame not so much.

kweave i sent u a pm ur frame looks great thats really all i need to do i have chrome rims and raw aluminum swing arm(just needs to be shined up)

CLICK

I pretty much followed that and some advise found here. I did it all by hand and started the rough part of the frame with 80 grit. Also, I didn't use 3 compunds. Once I was done with the 2000 grit, I used Mother's Polish.

P.ClutchZoom.JPG

thanks for some info guys im starting the bike today all i can do is hope for the best and im gonna do it all by hand far as sanding.....when im done whenever that is ill post some pics which will be awhile lol......
lurk.gif

BY HAND!!!!!!! Dude, you have no idea how much work you are in for. Get a sander and put it close by in case you change your mind. That top coat is gonna take 4evah to come off by hand, even with stripper and easy off. Just my .02

yea i know it took awhile to get the 1 side on rough spot down on 80 took bout 6hrs but comin out great and far as time dont matter to me im not ridin bike again til next season......
beerchug.gif

HI i would like to no do any one no were i can find the hayabusa lowgo that light up i seen it on a buse but the bike got away from me i was in the car at the time. thank's

Something is wrong with your key board, its typing in another language...
all_coholic.gif

(appreciate @ Oct. 09 2006,17:15) HI i would like to no do any one no were i can find the hayabusa lowgo that light up i seen it on a buse but the bike got away from me i was in the car at the time. thank's
Click here for Gator Glass.

hey guys sorry i havent gotten back to ya sooner but the frame work is comin out great everything is smooth out just need to do alilttle more around the welds on side i dont like how it has a few little black spots....soon as i get it the way i like it ill get some pics up for ya....

Don't take the welds down too far. Just scrub them enough to look like a stack of new dimes! Whoever polished my frame took them down smooth. It looks crappy, plus it removes a little of the integrity.

Glad to see you haven't given up. Are you going to do the swingarm as well?

When I did mine I obtained some sort of short term polishing addiction. I ended up doing my frame, swingarm, grab bar, stator cover, and most recently my foot pegs.

im not takin the weld off just makin it look smooth by takin the stack of dimes off no farther then that....just need to get a few spots that have black on the sides thats just drivin me nuts....and yes im gonna do my swingarm but wont be as bad its an aftermarket extened swingarm polished already just need to get the lines out of it.....

Back