Polish Only The Outside Lip??

Guess I need to polish..
blush.gif
Man I can't get over how sweet that Gixxer can looks.. Very Cool..
super.gif

(InfiniteReality @ May 18 2007,15:15) I've seen most people polish the entire lip of the rim, but I decided to only polish only the outside lips instead. I like the front just like it is, but I'm thinking I should polish the entire lip on the rear rim. Think I should?

SNC11146.jpg

SNC11168.jpg

SNC11175.jpg
Look great...!! Did you take the wheels off, or simply tape and apply the paint remover?

(heavybusa @ May 21 2007,18:16)
(VaBusa @ May 21 2007,16:27) I LOVE IT!!! Okay, how do you do that?  What did you use?

I have a buddy that offered to do mine, but I've been fearful of the final outcome...it looks great though!

bowdown.gif
Its relatively easy, paint remover and a roll of tape.

Dont get the paint remover on anything you want to remain black (although you can easily repaint)

Let the paint remover set and the paint flakes off, take some steel wool and a bucket of water to scrub the rest.

Once the paint is gone you polish away!!

The more you polish the shinier it gets. I recommend a buffer or drill.

I put a lot more work into mine but that is the basics.
Thanks for the info!!

Relatively easy mod and it really makes the wheels stand out more...that's the one thing I'm not fond of on my Busa, but I don't want to fork over the $$ to get new ones either...

I'll go with this option...looks great!
beerchug.gif

I kept my wheels on when I did mine. Just put it up on stands so I could turn the wheel easily.
smile.gif

Very cheap mod too, can't go wrong with it!
smile.gif

smile.gif

After seeing a busa like mine with it (thanks to that first shot), I'm sold...been bugging heavybusa off and on today about the details LOL Poor guy...

beerchug.gif

everthing polished but the spokes looks good. but so does just the outer lip only.
you cant go wrong either way. it sets it off by leaving the spokes black.
good work on all of the above wheels.
beerchug.gif

(heavybusa @ May 22 2007,15:04) Thanks for interrupting my nap.  
all_coholic.gif
Hey, it's what helps get you through the day, admit it...the interruptions I mean, not the nap
laugh.gif

(VaBusa @ May 22 2007,15:12)
all_coholic.gif
Hey, it's what helps get you through the day, admit it...the interruptions I mean, not the nap
laugh.gif
beerchug.gif
You know the routine all to well.

(heavybusa @ May 22 2007,15:14)
(VaBusa @ May 22 2007,15:12)
all_coholic.gif
laugh.gif
beerchug.gif
 You know the routine all to well.
I have a pillow and comfy chair in my office for a damn good reason...

Now, I need the rims here so I'll have something else to occupy my afternoons
laugh.gif
(do you like that attempt to keep it somewhat on "thread track"?) Damn, I'm good...
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Looks good. I like the look of the Gixx1000 exhaust on the Busa. I'm willing to bet we can expect something very similar on the '08 Busa.

(InfiniteReality @ May 22 2007,14:38) I kept my wheels on when I did mine. Just put it up on stands so I could turn the wheel easily.
smile.gif

smile.gif
what kind of polish did you use?

smile.gif

(H00pscoach @ May 30 2007,21:00)
(InfiniteReality @ May 22 2007,14:38) I kept my wheels on when I did mine.  Just put it up on stands so I could turn the wheel easily.
smile.gif

smile.gif
what kind of polish did you use?
Just some Mother's Polish. Works nicely.
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

Back