Polished the lips of the wheels

BusaReds

Registered
Thanks to DEALER1 and the pic of his Busa he posted in the 1/4 mile section titled "stretchin the busa", I got the idea to try and polish my wheels as well.
Thanks DEALER1 for your direction.
So far I have done the rear wheel today and will get to the front on Monday.
Here are some pics. My wheels started out as the 04LE wheels with the painted lip. Now 2/3's of the rim surface is polished.

backbusawheel.jpg

2/3's of the wheel meaning.........
if you look at the construction of the wheel you can see that the rim has a raised center where the spokes attach and then the 2 side areas.
Here's another pic......

backwheel.jpg

I have the '05 black/grey so I have been wanting to do this for a while. You think you can send some pointers my way ...

<marquee>Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase</marquee>

Spigga......all the info you need is on the link from the 1/4 post where DEARLER1 and I started this discussion.
Only thing i found is that you need to tape up the edges and repaint the center section black to make it look "real nice" because some of the paint remover will get on the center section that u didnt want to remove and the line will not be real straight between the paint and polished sections.

TAKE YOUR TIME>>>>>>>

OHHHH and I did a little extra as far as the sanding
I started with 320 then 400 then 600 then 800 then 1000 the Never Dull wheel polish taped up the edges and srayed VHT gloss black brake caliper paint
DONE.

that looks great but don't get caught in the rain....you'll be polishing that lip for at least a day.

Thanks for the advice dreday but........my busa never touches the rain (my 05 gixx750 is the stepchild I use for that kinda stuff), and it only took my 2 and half hours to do the wheel from scratch. So I think I could handle it......:laugh:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaReds
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132421438 -->

Gixxx.jpg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back