Please be careful out there

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
We have had a member go down and one in the ditch very recently... Guys/Gals it's the time of year when **** happens.... watch for it and be careful.

'Tis the season, and remember that everyone else out there is trying to kill us...

Reminds me, I was riding in front of a guy on a Harley Saturday, we were cruising along in the fast lane, but a white Charger was coming up fast on us, so I got over because I know the area we were riding through is heavily patrolled by state police. The HD rider opted to ride in the fast lane for miles, and that Charger trailed inches off of his bumber the entire time. I just watched, waiting for something bad to happen. The Charger could have gotten over and gone around him, but he was making a point no doubt, reminding the biker of what the left lane is for. It killed me to watch the biker hold his line and continue riding in the fast lane as a pace vehicle, for miles......

All I kept thinking was "this is how people die on bikes"...

Don't do stupid things people...we're smaller than the cars and I could tell by how close and aggressively that Charger's driver was driving, he/she was pissed that the biker was holding him/her up...so not worth it :banghead:

:stupid: Doesn't take much to end a ride quickly. Please be careful everyone. I give the same speech to riders and drivers on watching out for the unexpected. Unfortunately, accidents can and will happen that you cannot control, so you have to maximize the things you can to minimize them or their effects.

That guy who went down defiantly needs more time practicing riding Why in the world is he riding so close to the edge of the road :eek: :thumbsup:

Passing on the right side of another bike was wrong to begin with and I didn’t see any attempt to actually turn with the corner.

The Red Kettle . . . as soon as it reopens. Thanks, Red!

Back