Plastic Polishing (Headlights)

SavoBusa

Registered
So, I have a 2002 PT Cruiser (in addition to the 2008 O/B Busa). Until a couple of years ago, I lived in an apartment, so my PT stayed outside in the Florida sun and weather all the time. Anyway, my headlights oxidized and "fogged" extremely bad. They were real yellow and the quality of my lights on the road was almost dangerous because they were so dim. I was going to buy new headlights, but they cost anywhere from 90.00 to 140.00 each. My service shop wanted to charge me 80.00 to clean mine up. I did a little research and found enough information to do it myself. Pretty easy, actually. Before and after pictures below. I hope you can tell the difference! :thumbsup:

I used 220 grit, 1000 grit (up and down strokes, water), 2000 grit (side to side strokes, water), then polished with Meguiar's Plastx.

Tell me what ya think! (please ignore how dirty the rest of the car is) :rofl:

PT Cruiser Lights 001.jpg

PT Cruiser Lights 002.jpg

PT Cruiser Lights 007.jpg

PT Cruiser Lights 008.jpg

looks pretty good, now seal it or it will be back soon. I used the kit from Vato ZOne on my mother in laws SUV worked pretty good.

:beerchug: good job bro! i like it; and yeah you sure can tell the difference. I would have been very apprehensive to take 220 grit to them but i guess... how much worse could they have gotten? huh...my wifes Nissan altima is starting to fade up towards the top. I'll trade it in before i do that:poke:

Back