Plastic Body rivets

cobravenom39

Registered
I can get a pretty good deal on some rivets that are VERY CLOSE to oem rivets for the tail section and under the front cowl. Thinking of passing the good deal on them on to some of the members hear for close to cost. I can get different colors, too. I can also get brake bleeder caps in different colors, too for a great price.

Just seeing if you guys are interested. I know I had a ***** of a time finding them.

Are you referring to the little plastic bolts that have the push center piece that you pop in to remove?

Or should I say...."Are you referring to the plastic clips that I preyed out only to break them because they had no instructional manuals attached to them and I am an idiot". Are these the clips you are referring to?

LOL if so please can you give more info?..I think it would be cheaper to purchase a new busa then to buy replacement clips at the cost my dealer is charging.

I read a while ago something about ford making clips that fit the busa that was cheaper but it was so long ago I don't even remember if I dreamed that up or really did read that somewhere.  
firedevil.gif

Thanks!

I hate those little things. Took me a long time to figure out that I needed to push the center in with a small allen wrench to get them out. I am missing one under the front still. How much are you talking for these things?

I replaced all the little plastic clips on the tail with small stainless allen screws. I used the metal clips on the backside. Looks better to me.
beerchug.gif

Shawn

How much for blue bleeder caps..and what color would the push pins be avaible in??
I have to see still what I can get them for, but they would be the ones like on newer bikes with the collar that goes all the way over the valve to keep them on.

I could get the rivets in whatever color you want (they're white nylon, so I'll just dye em).

I have to see them in person first, and I'm calling the guy today.

I also got run this by Captainbusa first-he could put the kybosh on the whole operation.

I'll be posting up soon.

NAPA carries some that fit perfectly (underneath the nose) where the fairing meets the nose cowling. Not sure if these fit in other places.

I hate those little things.  Took me a long time to figure out that I needed to push the center in with a small allen wrench to get them out.  I am missing one under the front still.  How much are you talking for these things?
lowes has the exact replacement pieces for like $.12 each
Damn my dealership wanted 2.99 each. I was like uh...I did 160, they held on fine without em. LOL i'll pass.

Thanks for the tip on lowes. I'll be there this weekend. Gonna try to find a dei 528t relay to wire up my hid lights.

Just got a set of mcculloh in the mail.

Back