Pirelli diablo strada

JackLKing

Registered
Yes yes.....I know....But I have never used these tires......I just want to know if anyone has tried them.......and how do last......There are lots of shell roads where I live so I have to get harder compound tire........And Yes I'm aware of the avons.....I just need feedback from anyone who has tried the strada's on the busa........thanks guys

bump.gif

Yes yes.....I know....But I have never used these tires......I just want to know if anyone has tried them.......and how do last......There are lots of shell roads where I live so I have to get harder compound tire........And Yes I'm aware of the avons.....I just need feedback from anyone who has tried the strada's on the busa........thanks guys
I have the Stradas now and can't wait to burn them off. They are "nice" tires but do not inspire confidence. They have a narrower and more rounded profile than the stock tire, but they do not feel comfortable at high speeds. They have never given me any real problems, it is just that they make 110mph+ feel faster and less stable than before.
As far as mileage, I have about 2500 miles on them and they may be good for another 1000-1500, but who cares. If U do not feel comfortable U do not ride so.

J

i thought they were great for touring. they stick really well too. even used them on a track day. normal tires i get 1500 - 2500 out of them, but the Stradas were still going at 5k. I did not enjoy them though because they had softer sidewalls to absorb bumps or something, and felt pretty sloppy. after all they are sport TOURING tires. I went back to the full sport tires and will never use a touring tire again. famous last words

i thought they were great for touring. they stick really well too. even used them on a track day. normal tires i get 1500 - 2500 out of them, but the Stradas were still going at 5k. I did not enjoy them though because they had softer sidewalls to absorb bumps or something, and felt pretty sloppy. after all they are sport TOURING tires. I went back to the full sport tires and will never use a touring tire again. famous last words
WWJD.......thanks for the input......I've had good luck with the 56's but want to try a little softer tire. I need a longer lasting tire due to the roads that I am on... Some don't like the diablo strada tire due to it being rounder.....and not as flat as the 56's or some of the other tires.......I've got 3700 miles on the 56's right now but I never liked the way they handled......straight line only......I think I will try the strada's......I don't carve a lot of corner....Florida.....but I do like to feel a little safer in them.......

Back