Pirelli Diablo

ankurv

Registered
Hi Guys,

I have run my rear tire out on the busa and am looking to replace it. From what I have read on the boards, the Pirelli Diablo looks like the ont o go for. I have a couple of questions though :

1. I see 2 versions of the 190/55 Diablo

Pirelli Diablo 190/50ZR-17 Rear ($138)
and
Pirelli Diablo 190/50ZR-17 P Rear for Hayabusa ($181)

http://store.azmusa.com/pidispti.html

Is there any difference between the two or is it only a marketing gimmick? Should I shell out the extra 40 bucks or so for the hayabusa specific one?

2.Also, do I need to change both my front and rear tires together?

3.Any place where I can find these tires cheaper ?

thanks for all your help with this

Ankur

1)  Its my opinion that the hayabusa spec tire isn't needed.  But if you're constantly running over 160mph for extended periods of time you might want it.  It can't hurt you, but it is extra $$$.

2)  For the street rider no.  If you are a hardcore canyon pilot or a racer then you might want to keep your tires matched.  But again it can't hurt you, just costs extra $$$.

3)  Motorfinger posted a cheap place, let me see if I can find it for ya.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139126170 -->

my local dealers always cuts me a deal on tires. my diablos NEVER cost that much. have you considered the Pilot Powers or Metzler M1? I run Diablos myself and love the cold grip

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139149647 -->

Not a good idea to run two different brands of tires on your bike. The Diablo is a great tire. You'll get good life from it and decent grip. It's designed for a sport touring tire, not a corner carver. If you want corner carving grip, go to the Diablo Corsa. Great Grip but shorter life. I actually have a set of Diablo's in my garage I'll put on my busa when the OEM's are done.

Diablos are great, but I run the 200 rear. No problems with stickiness and they warm up pretty quickly.

Pirelli Diablo
wink.gif
good tire

Thanks for all the replies guys - I went ahead and ordered the Hayabusa Specific one for $162 shipped from motorcycle-superstore.

thanks again

Ankur

Back