Pipe opinions from the pros

clrwtrbusa

Registered
Changing the pipe from a yosh on my 01 busa and am looking for opinions on which pipes make the better hp.Any suggestions? Yosh is way too quiet for riding around here with the "retired folks"

BDE3 IS A GOOD PIPE, BUT IT'S UGLY. IF YOU WANT A PIPE THAT LOOKS GOOD AND SOUNDS OFF WHEN YOU RIDE, HMF BB, IS THE WAY TO GO. PLUS YOU HAVE THE OPTION OF COLORS, UNLIKE THE BDE PIPES.

<!--EDIT|ex kawman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1066366298 -->

I don't think the bde is ugly....plus I want a carbon can anyway so colors don't matter to me.....its all in what ya like.

Micron has the loudest (and deep growling) I think. Been so when tested in magz here in Sweden last two years.

:vader:

That pipe don't look bad on your bike WAR BABY. But the one's I've seen have had dull finishes on them, and in my opinion were ugly. There are a ton of pipes out there to choose from depending on what you want. Me I wanted a pipe to perform, look good and sound off. The BDE only coverd two of the three, the HMF coverd them all.The HMFwas MY choice. An opinion was ask'd for and I gave mine.

ex kawman - I appreciate your comments but an explanation wasn't necessary... each to his or her own views. From my perspective, "form" must follow "function" because I seek max performance first. The BDE system gives that plus minimal weight, which is also a performance function. That makes it's function beautiful to me. If the form is less than beautiful (or ugly) in my view, then I will try to improve it, which seems to affirm your point. :) It looks like we agree!

Back