Exhaust mod?? Akrapovic to quiet, what can be done

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
Exhaust mod?? Akrapovic to quiet, what can be done?

I have the full race titanium single can version. Looks great, but very quiet.

Would like to eventually make it sound better. Can the rivets be taken out, and remove the sound insulation or ??

Not sure whats inside.

Has a great tuned sound, but way to quiet.

p.S. I started my 82 1100 Katana this weekend with the Yosh pipe, and man oh man does that sounds amazing!! You feel it in the chest

You could sell it and by a Bigbird.
If it were mine, and I didn't like it, I'd drill the rivets and remove some of the packing.
You can always re-install and re-rivet.......but that's just me.
Don't do it unless yer very comfortable with drilling into the rivets on yer $1400cdn exhaust.

Thanks!

I like that idea the best, not sure if the rivets are titatinium as well, but I'll check with akrapovic hwo to "replace the packing"

Its MUCH cheaper and easier to modify what I have.

Thanks for the tip
biggrin.gif

I had an Akrapovic on my last bike and it was too quite and I did drill out the rivets removed th packing a pop rivited it back together. Just be sure to use stainless steel rivets or you will have little rust trails under them. Akrapovic also sells a repiar ket that comes with new rivets rings and sticker It's kind of high though.

I had an Akrapovic on my last bike and it was too quite and I did drill out the rivets removed th packing a pop rivited it back together. Just be sure to use stainless steel rivets or you will have little rust trails under them. Akrapovic also sells a repiar ket that comes with new rivets rings and sticker It's kind of high though.
Thanks for letting me know,

How much of the packing did you take out?

I assume it would have no effect on performance?

How did it sound after?

Where can you get stainless rivets (other than Akrapovic)

Which end did you take off (I'm assuming the exit side)

What's inside? From what I can see, just look like a pipe with a bunch of holes in it.

The other thing I was thinking/tempted to do, is take the end off and shorten it a couple of inches, so it would look better.

remove the H-valve or I guess it's called the Pair Valve.
but really if you buy another Akra, get the EVO full system,
big difference in sound.

TO: the PAIR valve is located on the front of the bike. It's one of the tree-hugging environment-saving pieces of crap they put on everything from lawnmowers to high perf. machines (not really).. If you take it off, you have to block off the ports as well. There's a few posts on here about how to do it. If you put on a full system you need to take the valve off.

pair valve = california emissions piece of chit
and yeh, there is a thread somewhere on how to take it off.

Back