PINGING Norther Ohio riders

SAMBUSA

TATTOO'D WHITE TRASH
Donating Member
Registered
This is a copy and paste from a thread that Fonzie has on his XX board.  So far Mr. Bogus, Fonzie, Busa SS, Dweezel and I are going. And I think blitzburg is in also

Group ride to Pittsburgh on June 14th.

* Up to you if you wanna bring your SO....Not sure if there'll be any others. For those of you who know mine.....Yeeeeahhh....She still hates the bike!!
* You can still get in last minute if need be....shouldn't be a problem, just keep me posted
* Pace will be your own.....I don't think we've got any knee draggers in the group so far, but if so, they can just beat the bushes for the rest of us  I like my twisties, but have yet to get a knee down.
* I'm not the kind of guy who leaves people behind if they're slower. Big reason I like doing these rides is because of the camaraderie. I want everyone to have fun & want to join us again.....Not feel like they're being rushed the whole way, or forced to ride out of their comfort level to keep up. I also want everyone to return home the same way they left.....Lost enough friends last year
* Plan on fuel stops ~ every 150-175 miles worst case scenario, unless someone gets less than that per tank.....speak up now. I know the 'Busa's get better mileage than us 'Birds, but not sure what a few others of you are riding. There may be other stops as well for pix......You know how I like my photo op's  
* Shine only.......After our trip around Lake Michigan last year, I have no desire to knowingly ride that far in the rain again if possible. We can throw out some raindate options in case weather conspires against us
* I'm planning on 500 miles from my place. I'm thinkin' of leavin' the meet spot by 10'ish (PM me for where....Don't wanna broadcast publicly to any lurking LEO's  ). We may have people coming from Ann Arbor, Ft. Wayne & Dayton areas, so this will allow them to leave home at a reasonable hour. That would put us to Pittsburgh by 2 or 3:00 I think. IIRC, it took me about 4 hours in the van last August, and we should make better time than that on the bikes. Figure couple hours for lunch/dinner, pix, gas etc......I think we'll all be home by midnight'ish

Lookin' at about 8 bikes right now that are probable. Shoot me a PM with your email addy & celly if interested, and I'll add you to the conversation

As long as I have my bike back together in time, I'll be going
lurk.gif

I live in Indy. Where is Beaverdam in Ohio? Could not find it in my Atlas.

I found Beaverdam on the map in my Atlas. Funny, it is not listed in the back though? Can you PM me the route you guys plan on taking to Pittsburgh? Beaverdam is pretty far north of where I would come into Ohio at. My only issue is that I have concert tickets for Jack Johnson the night before. Getting an early start could be tough...

I found Beaverdam on the map in my Atlas. Funny, it is not listed in the back though? Can you PM me the route you guys plan on taking to Pittsburgh? Beaverdam is pretty far north of where I would come into Ohio at. My only issue is that I have concert tickets for Jack Johnson the night before. Getting an early start could be tough...
As of right now we're just going to take Rte. 30 over. Once we are there, I'm not sure where we are going to go. From my house to Speedway,IN is 3 hours just FYI

I was thinking about going, and trying to get a couple of the club members to go, but I am still not sure I want to ride to Pitt turn around and come right back. What's to do when we get there other than lunch?

I was thinking about going, and trying to get a couple of the club members to go, but I am still not sure I want to ride to Pitt turn around and come right back.  What's to do when we get there other than lunch?
It's Fonzie's ride, he'll be in here in a couple minutes to answer some questions. I just tag along and do whatever
winkold.gif

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
SAMBUSA @ May 16 2008 said:
1418044[/ATTACH] AM]
I was thinking about going, and trying to get a couple of the club members to go, but I am still not sure I want to ride to Pitt turn around and come right back. What's to do when we get there other than lunch?
It's Fonzie's ride, he'll be in here in a couple minutes to answer some questions. I just tag along and do whatever HE TELLS ME TO
winkold.gif
Fixed that for 'ya!!
laugh.gif
And it's BOTH our ride. We came up with this since that other one fell through on 'ya & we weren't gonna let that stop us
tounge.gif

Main point for the ride, IS the ride. ;) Here's the rest of that email/thread I originally sent out that Sam didn't include. Should answer some of your questions..........
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Planning a daytrip to Pittsburgh 3 months from today.......Saturday, June 14th. Going to be VERY laid back.....no IBA type itinerary. Going over on Rte. 30. Came home that way from a Steelers game back in August, and was seriously wishin' I was on the 'Bird, as it was 60-70 miles of nice roller coaster twisties from just south of Pitt, all the way to the state line/Ohio River.

More details when we get closer, but just planning on a relaxed day/ride, 'til the curves quit, or the majority wanna turn around & head home. Probably stop somewhere along the way that looks good & grab a bite. All bikes welcome.......so far, looks like a mix of 'Birds & 'Busas, with maybe even a FatBoy [/quote]

zzwhip.gif

There is going to be a "Fatboy" on this ride? I put on about 15 pounds this winter but I don't want people saying that there were a couple of fat boys on this ride. If I end up going, I will try and shed a few pounds so don't embarrass the rest of youz guyz!

There is going to be a "Fatboy" on this ride? I put on about 15 pounds this winter but I don't want people saying that there were a couple of fat boys on this ride. If I end up going, I will try and shed a few pounds so don't embarrass the rest of youz guyz!
laugh.gif

If the guy with the fatboy comes along, he'll have no problem keeping up. We may have some issues keeping up with him though
wowold.gif

If you need a place to crash, let me know. That goes for you too Chris.
winkold.gif

I have that Friday and Monday scheduled so no Sat working for me.

Got my new tires on last week. Then after work tonight I am doing some stuff to the bike then riding out to Indiana and getting my Busa dyno'd/tuned around 8:00 AM at Schnitz Racing...
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I have that Friday and Monday scheduled so no Sat working for me.

Got my new tires on last week. Then after work tonight I am doing some stuff to the bike then riding out to Indiana and getting my Busa dyno'd/tuned around 8:00 AM at Schnitz Racing...  
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif
are you planning on being there at 0800 or leaving your house at 0800? I been meaning to go up there myself just to meet him.

thumb_up.gif

Back