*PING* *PING* BUSABRAH & anyone else

ICEMANN

Registered
I posted this a little while back but I think it got pushed to the back very fast.

For those that have an alarm, particularly the scorpio alarm...

If you want to add lighting, horns, or additional sirens to the alarm....

If you look in the instructions for the scorpio alarm you will see the grey wires goto each turn signal.

one to the right and the other to the left. These are only active for short pulses when the alarm is arming or disarming, or going off. The two grey wires pulse oposite of each other. So one then the other.

This gives the four turn signal lights a wig waging look when the alarm is going off.

So...

YOU HAVE TO USE A RELAY FOR THIS!. I will attach the "RELAY" connection picture.

If you take the grey wires.

You could connect one of the grey wires to the input on a relay.

When the relay is triggard it will energize and pull power from somewhere else (battery).

Connect the output of the relay to BOTH left/right turn signals. Now when the alarm goes off the engergized relay will put power to the turn signals so instead of wig wag, ALL 4 turn signals will blink at the same time since only one wire is being used.

If you connect the OTHER grey wire to a seperate relay and connect the output to your horn. The horn will honk for the same amount of time that the lights are flashing except since the grey wires pulse one at a time. Your lights will flash, then the horn will honk, then the lights etc.

Other option is to hook the gray wire to the brake light and not the turn signals and flash it.

OR since your coming from a relay connect to the turn signals and the brake light, and flash them all. It shouldnt be going off enuff that you wont get back in time.

If you have an optional siren you can use it instead of the horn or both.

NO MATTER WHAT... YOU HAVE TO USE A RELAY.

ive seen the circuit design, the grey outputs are not strong enuff for anything but the turn signals. ANYTHING else needs a relay.

post-6-59766-image3.jpg

PIN 87 is the output to pos horn, or pos light wire. PIN 86 is GND, PIN 85 and PIN 30 are connected together to POS 12V like battery w/fuse.
JD

Looks good. Let me ask you this ice. if i want to change to those loud ass airhorns. WHere is the best place to mount them. And where do you put all of the hardware. I realy want to do this mod. Becasue i want the cagers to hear me. I wish i could put a semi horn on my bike!
wink.gif

Actually you can put one on your bike. You can get upto five (5) air horns under the nose section with an HID, and have room for other shytttt. You can get four horns in the rear tail section on the outerside of the subframe if the space isnt in use. Two on each side. Most people get the TWO horn kit and just install it. See next post.

JD

Here are some pics of a FIAMMM DUAL AIR HORN INSTALL for those interested. There loud as heck and no bugs/liquid can get to em. Easy install.......

I mounted the air compresser sideways with included mounting hardware at factory horn location. See pic #1

I mounted the short horn on the left near the relays/fuse box using a 1/2 inch U-clamp and included mounting hardware.
See pic #2.

I mounted the longer horn on the right. Used 3/4 inch x 1/16 x 4 inch piece of alum. Drilled and mounted it on the right instrument cluster bolt. Used included mounting hardware bolts for horn. Put small bend to mount horn then installed instrument cluster bolt. Next, lean on it to desired position.

I used 1/4 inch automotive hose for the lines. Better air flow and more flexible. (Free at local autozone. Too short to fool with 3 feet) Also tighter fit.

Mount relay on back of instrument cluster run wiring using factory horn wires. Use double sided sticky tape where horn lays on air tubes, and where horn rests against anything for a buffer. For added security used a zip tie around horn to instrument cluster brace in case it would ever come loose. Used zip ties to hold hoses to neck of instrument cluster bracing. Put a "BOW" in air lines as they pass upward to ensure clearance of front forks and steering dampner. Re-install front nose section.

Funny as helllll when ya hit em from a motorcycle. Real attention getter, also cagers tend to swerve away from ya. Sound is more than their used to hearing from a MC.

Just in case ya thought of it. ($20.00) from autozone. I used to have dual highway blasters but wanted the more Airy sound. A musical horn will fit there also. Three horns is a bit much but can mount on rear of headlight if you dont have an HID!

Thanks,
now just wait till someone is crossin in front of ya!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the mod I want you to do for me at Bike week. How much do i need to bring? And what will you charge for labor. Let me know if you would even be willing? Thanks

Ice you are the man!!!! Thats what I plan on doing to my Busa when I get it. I also wanted to ask if you plan on making any more H.I.D. system the the Busa? I would be interested please let me know.

The hold up on the HID's are waiting on the ballast units to arrive. They are shipped via vessel from japan to a main company then I have some access to the left ovas.

JD

Help please. I have sucessfully installed the SR -i500 alarm on to my busa. I've checked everything and so far just minor adjustments needed. But since I mounted the unit in the hump I don't know what wire to tap into for the ignition kill switch. Instruction suggest the negative side of the engine kill switch but the fuse box for that wire is up front by the triple tree. The unit does not have a long enough lead. I don't want to start hacking at different wires to figure out which one. If you have any pics/descripition or both on what wire will work that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the info. I am waiting to finish up the frame (polishing) and then I am going to wire up that and the airshifter.

The horns sound (no pun intended) like a great mod to do ecspecially for those cagers. I live in Miami,Florida and I have alot of old people to deal with.

Back