HOW TO ADD 4way FLASHERS to 01-03

ICEMANN

Registered
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>For those that like gadgets and doing it your self.</span>

This is using the switch already on the bike to add some spice to ones already complicated bike issues.  Instead of the cancel button, any neq contact will work.

An alarm output trigger wire used to "pop a trunk" can be used with this to turn on/off lighting etc.  Just dont use the flasher. Neat way to turn on lighting etc.

This is one of many ways to create four way flashers using the bike's existing "TURN SIGNAL CANCEL" momentary contact button.  You know the one you slide left/right for turn signals and push in for cancel.

It's the push in part your using to "LATCH" the relays into a steady on. You can use the turn signal wires or the brake light.  Just an idea.

But push the bikes canel button to turn on the flashers and push it again to cancel them.  Any input from you techie's out there would be nice.

*Antoher option is to just add a basic switch wired to a relay then to a flasher. From the flasher to a diode and then to each of the two rear turn signal wires.*

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137173892 -->

4wayflashers.gif

rock.gif
, I am stupid, so for the rest of you who didn't follow this can post the appropriate smiley.

On another subject Ice, I bought the front LED turn bulbs/amber for clear lens covers, then did the daytime running lights, as per yer hook-up last year.  My question/complaint is that there is very little differnce between the regular running light and the flashing turn light.  At night it's ok at best, but during the day it's very difficult to see that the bulb is flashing.  So my question is, is there a way to swap things around so the bulb (any bulb, I know not the 2way bulb I have now) can be on as the daytime running light and flash off completely for the blinker?  Ya know, completely opposite of what it does from stock.  I just think if the bulb flashed off instead of from on and then brighter it would be more noticable.

Just a thought.
biggrin.gif

The above post is just a large way of using the wire from the turn signal cancel to lock open a continious circuit.

I think a switch, a relay, and a flasher is easier. But someone wanted to use an existing switch.

JD

ref your question, seperate email.

Trying to follow it.  Looks close, you can alwasys just convert the polarity as well. But give me time to follow it.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137203554 -->

neg2pos.gif

YES, it will work. It is a positve trigger version of the negitive trigger verision I posted above. Difference is your using the 87a N/c contacts instead of diodes.

Thanks, have to save that one as well.

JD

Ran it through in my head a few times and I think it just might work. I believe that you cant cancel it without turning off the 12v+ power supply (keyed source) but it might just work. Guess I can run down to the parts store and get some relays and just build the darn thing then we will know for sure.

In my quest for knowledge I found this.

cps58.jpg

A very useful kit. Everybody has infra-red transmitters at home - TV remote, video remote, CD remote, etc. Use ANY infra-red remote to toggle this switch on or off. Relay output rated at 12VDC/10A or 240VAC/5A

And this.

mk139.jpg

operate your lighting with a simple handclap
ideal for disabled or elderly people
good immunity against surrounding noises
'1-clap' or '2-clap'-mode selection
'2-clap'-mode features built-in safety turn-off timer (5h approx.)
output relay 'pulse' or 'toggle' selection
microprocessor controlled
output relay with LED-indicator

Clap your neons on/off!

Back