Issues with LED turn signal relay

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Guys, I went to take Bessie out for a ride today and about .5 miles down the road, I noticed my turn signals weren't working. I brought her home and started looking at the usual suspects:
Fuse (good)
wiring (good)
tail wiring (good)

Problem is that I have mod'd my lights so much that I have lots of extra wiring... anyway, I have switchback towers for the front. When I turned on the running lights, and turn on the turn signal, the white dims and the amber turns on (barely enough to be seen) and all goes back to normal when I shut off the turn signals. So, I figured it was either the kickstand/turnsignal relay or the Custom LED (brand) flash rate relay that I wired in. Removed the custom relay and I am back to the high flash rate, but at least they work. Just posting up in case anyone else has issues and is looking for some T-shooting info. Now, I am off to find another relay. BTW, that relay lasted about a year... not horrible, but I am looking for better reliability than that.

MCM

I don't recall how you had all the wired Shawn. However, it does sound like your relay did go out on you. So far, I've had good luck with my turn signal mod. I've also heard good things about the electronic flashers from autolumination...

If you don't get it fixed by the Bash, I'll make sure to get her working for you ;)

I think I will be good; I have my eyes on an adjustable rate relay... not sure which way I will go, but you know I will have something working... :)

Back