Ping Gen II Scorpio alarm owners

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Those with Scorpio alarms on their Gen II's, if the alarm is not activated, or in other words not "armed" how long can you leave your Busa sitting before the battery runs down.?

Those with Scorpio alarms on their Gen II's, if the alarm is not activated, or in other words not "armed" how long can you leave your Busa sitting before the battery runs down.?

Never. If the alarm is deactivate the RFID is not constantly pinging the remote. This and the power to the sensors is what kills the bikes battery and the remote. I have had my deactivated for months without riding and the bike fires right up. But I would estimate 1-2 weeks if its always activated. But I dont know the lift cycle of the battery nor the peter hird testing results.

Couldn't tell you either. Whenever it would be sitting that long it's not armed and sitting on a tender anyhow. I figure if they can get pass the other alarms and coverage on the garage then they can have it if they want it.

I would say months without any issues.. its basically powered off.

How long do you guys get on your remote on a full charge with the system armed?

Thx all.

I have an Internatrix alarm, did not mention this in the original post, as not many use this brand.

Never had a problem before, but lately I get three weeks with the alarm off and the battery does not have enough left for a start.

Just checked, the alarm pulls 3.8mA when unarmed, which is to specifications, battery takes a charge well and charging system runs battery at 14.5V when idling. Everything in spec, so my battery at just over two years old is probably getting tired.

Have not done the rectifier recall yet, but everything tests out fine.

By the way battery life on my alarm pager/remote is around four months.

I had mine on and in normal operating mode (not turned off or unplugged) while i was away from my home unit for over 40 days. When i got back my battery was tired but after a couple of hours on trickle charge it fired up and I haven't had any issues since.

Just checked the Yusa web site and they say quote:

"Sometimes a battery does not hold a charge. Why?

When a battery is in an excessively discharged state, it does not readily accept a high current charge. The battery may appear to be accepting charge, but charging is occurring only at the surface of the plates. In such a case, the battery must be charged at a low current flow for an extended period of time: for example, up to 24 hours on a Yuasa automatic charger or equivalent smart charger."

So, I just learned something, think this is exactly what my case is. :laugh:

Looking into alarm system... what is the best for recommendation?

I have a Scorpio alarm, i have had no issues with it. It takes a little time and effort to get the perimeter sensor figured out but once you do its nice. I have yet to have the need for an alarm (knocking on wood) so far this is the only one i have purchased and it works to my liking.

I have a Scorpio alarm, i have had no issues with it. It takes a little time and effort to get the perimeter sensor figured out but once you do its nice. I have yet to have the need for an alarm (knocking on wood) so far this is the only one i have purchased and it works to my liking.

Scorpio seems to have favor on this board and it has very good reviews. I did not go Scorpio for three reasons.

1.) The price.
2.) Don't need the fancy stuff, or features.
3.) I can read a wiring diagram, so I don't need plug in. Allows me a custom install which makes it a bit more difficult for a thief to figure out how to disable the system if I am not around with my pager.

I used Internatrix at around $140 with shock sensor, microwave perimeter, imobilizer and remote pager, that is really all I needed. Think they have a special now for around $100.

Back