Plug and Play aux power question with what can be hooked up & postioning items?

py15ro

Registered
Hello,
Former newbie from last year back in my month off from riding, with a respectable 8000 K under my new busa, and I'm upgrading some of my parts. The problem I'm running into is that currently, I'm running my scorpio sri-900 alarm, and seperate Tracking system off of the battery, and under the seat for power is getting a little tight from the battery bolt purtrusion. This is also compouded by my alarm layout which I've spread out to keep some space, but the main controller for the scorpio is under the passenger seat laying down. I've recently purchased a PCV, PCV secondary module, Speedo healer, and an xtre, which are currently in shipping, although all of which I will be holding off installing before I know what I'm getting into in regards to installing. I know for my tracking, I actually had to bend the battery hookups to force it to fit, while the seat rubs the battery terminal. My main question is can I potentailly run all of my electronics from the auxillary? My second question, does anyone have any photos or insight on how to set up a similiar setup without the trunk conversion I've come across on here, which is great, I just love the stock look for the tail?
Thank you,
Jon

1) ship the TRE back.
2) contact pashnit for a power distribution box.
3) do the trunk mod. easy as pie. Does not change the appearance of the bike unless you pull the rear seat off :laugh:

Thank you everyone, I take it the tre sucks, and I just saw why, and thank you for having the better fix for it that will pay for the fuzebox. I'm still looking for the fuzebox at pashnit, since I'll be sending the tre back. I'll start work on the trunk mod soon, it will likely not turn out to pretty with me doing it.
Thank you all again for the help,
:thumbsup::bowdown:
Jon

The speedohealer can be mounted almost anywhere, it's very small. It plugs inline in the factory wiring harness on the left side, under the fairing along the frame below the gas tank. It doesn't connect to the battery. It will fit under the seat behind the battery, on top of either ram air tube, and many other places. Pashnit has his mounted on top of the brake or clutch resevoir. The speedohealer unit itself mounts with velcro tape.
If you do decide to do the trunk mod you'll find out how simple it is too.
Check out the ecu editor from boostbysmith.com - Home It does basically everything, and will also remove the gearing and top speed restrictions correctly.
Welcome back to the org.:beerchug:

Thank you, I am going to try the trunk mod, and likely with the tre going back, I'm not as hesitant about returning the PCV and secondary considering it's like 300.00 more for a bazzaz. :thumbsup: I know smiths ecu flasher is a lot cheaper and honestly that's what I'd prefer to get since that'd leave me enough for a Brocks full this year, but comparatively how easy is the mapping and support for smiths and reverting back to stock when I eventually sell it? Along with this one how is the overall traction control compare with the Bazzaz, which for my preference is the only reason I'd take the bazzaz, although I wouldn't mind the added quick shift? Sorry this has gone way off topic already, I'm just wondering the preferential setup, a boost by smith ecu flash for it all, the ecu flasher with the PCV's, or the Bazzaz TC? Any insight would be awesome, I am entirely a newb when it comes to tuning I'll rightfully admit. In reference to the Tre, I just got the boost by smith de restrictor for the top end also, so that's covered and kept regardless.:bowdown:

Thank you, I am going to try the trunk mod, and likely with the tre going back, I'm not as hesitant about returning the PCV and secondary considering it's like 300.00 more for a bazzaz. :thumbsup: I know smiths ecu flasher is a lot cheaper and honestly that's what I'd prefer to get since that'd leave me enough for a Brocks full this year, but comparatively how easy is the mapping and support for smiths and reverting back to stock when I eventually sell it? Along with this one how is the overall traction control compare with the Bazzaz, which for my preference is the only reason I'd take the bazzaz, although I wouldn't mind the added quick shift? Sorry this has gone way off topic already, I'm just wondering the preferential setup, a boost by smith ecu flash for it all, the ecu flasher with the PCV's, or the Bazzaz TC? Any insight would be awesome, I am entirely a newb when it comes to tuning I'll rightfully admit. In reference to the Tre, I just got the boost by smith de restrictor for the top end also, so that's covered and kept regardless.:bowdown:
And after looking around ECU editor, I think it's apparent I'm retarded I think. Likely moving to the Bazzaz, I don' think I'm competant enough to run the full system and trouble shoot unfortunately, even if I'd prefer it.

Back