pig spotter mirrirs

I agree with NE, and not just because I am trying to get to my 300th post/promotion.
laugh.gif

I have a dream of putting two small mini cams in the tail section and a flat color tv on the tree.
Or a helmet with a mini cam built into the back with two lcd screens on each side of the visor inside the helmet. Maybe some day we will all have "rear view helmets"

But those rear views are not cool.

Bet we see that kind of technology within the next 5 years as standard equipment on motorcycles. LCD screens in the rear view mirrors with a dual split view in each would be awesome. A good view from behind plus a more angled view for blind spot coverage.

Was watching "Rides" last night on TLC and they installed a similar setup on a customized SUV. The new LCD mirror just replaced the stock one.

Prices are already getting dirt cheap so it's just a matter of time.

I have a dream of putting two small mini cams in the tail section and a flat color tv on the tree.
Or a helmet with a mini cam built into the back with two lcd screens on each side of the visor inside the helmet. Maybe some day we will all have "rear view helmets"

The Y2K motorcycle with the Jet Turbine motor on it already has a similar setup. Camera installed in the rear of the bike with an LCD in the gauge cluster the look behind.

Have a riding buddy of mine who has them on his Busa. Those mirrors are quite small and do nothing for rear vision. The jury is still out on the look though...
rock.gif

Saw a bike last year with all the accessories you're describing NUTS. But this guy had a DVD player on a 7" screen on a stand in the center of the triple tree. The uniqueness he brought to his bike was that his mirrors were converted to monitors so that he could see what was behind him through the camera mounted under the rear tail. Was cool as hell, and the mirrors also served as a monitor for the DVD player as well. Looked awesome, but was a VERY expensive setup.

Brian

Yeah, I'd love a rear facing camera w/2.5" or so monitor in the cockpit and some mirror block off plates with Kanji symbols ball milled into 'em.
super.gif

Back