Pictures with new Digital SLR

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Let me know what you thinks guys. I bought a new digital camera. My family bought me a 4 week photo class for Father's Day. For my first assignment, I was supposed to capture a stop action shot using the Shutter Priority mode of my camera. All you photo buffs let me know. Oh yeah, the first picture is my playing with the apereture priority mode. Anyway here are the pics.

Don

f5.jpg

f4.jpg

f3.jpg

f2.jpg

f1.jpg

Nice pics.  Now you just need to resize them so they fit on the screen without having to scroll over.  In the new member forum there's a pinned entry labelled "Resizing your Pics".  There's a great MS free download for it.
But, you are a ORG vet so, you probably already knew that...
biggrin.gif

I dunno what happened to them. In photoshop they are 6x8 pictures. They should fit fine here.

Don

(USN05LE @ Jun. 16 2007,17:39) I dunno what happened to them. In photoshop they are 6x8 pictures. They should fit fine here.

Don
I see photoshop class in your future....
beerchug.gif

I think I have Photoshop book in PDF format somewhere, Let me know if you need it, I`ll try to find it.

Just a tip, never refer to digital picture as 6 inches by 8 inches, at least not before it`s printed. Only in pixels.

Those pictures are awesome for amateur photographer.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 16 2007,19:00)
(USN05LE @ Jun. 16 2007,17:39) I dunno what happened to them.  In photoshop they are 6x8 pictures.  They should fit fine here.

Don
I see photoshop class in your future....  
beerchug.gif

I think I have Photoshop book in PDF format somewhere, Let me know if you need it, I`ll try to find it.

Just a tip, never refer to digital picture as 6 inches by 8 inches, at least not before it`s printed. Only in pixels.

Those pictures are awesome for amateur photographer.
Thanks Vic,
My wife is an Adobe certified trainer for Photoshop and Illustrator. I just refuse her help, being a guy and all. I don't need instructions. I can figure it out. LOL She said, after the fact, that the web is set to use 72 -135 dpi anything higher than that (my pics are 150) and the browser will increase the display size to compensate for the resolution.

Those were taken with an Olympus E-500.

Don

he he.... She is certified?
alright... tip #2

DPI or LPI (lines per inch that is) used in printing. Web has nothing to do with that.

Go to your desktop right click on it and go to properties.
See the screen resolution. in my case 1280x768

Untitled_1.jpg

That is 1280 pixels horizontally. If your picture bigger then that it will not fit. Browser could scale it down sometimes.

I usually scale my pictures down to 800 for the web. Most common screen resolution still 1024x768.

Site interface usually takes some space too.

try to do same fountain with flash and aperture 22. I`m not familiar with your Olympus though , I`m Canon guy.

Vic, the fountain is in Kansas City (I am back in Arkansas). I messed with some aperture settings earlier in the day, but over exposed it. I am going to take some stop action shots later this weekend of the horse. I have to have a print to take to class Tuesday night and I am not sure the fountain is really what the instructor was looking for.

those are perfect example of shutter priority picture. Is that what your instructor was asking?

picture attached is aperture priority mode.

aperture_priority_1.jpg

Vic,
 Yes he asked up to take a shot with the camera in shutter priority mode.  That is "S" on my camera I believe he said it is "Tv" on the Canons, not sure about that tho.  There is a prize for the best one so I am going to shoot some of the horse tomorrow too and see which one I like better.  On my camera in "S" mode, the camera controls the aperture setting.  In "A" mode it controls the shutter speed.  I haven't learned the exact correlation between shutter and aperture to be able to go to full manual yet.  I know that a "perfect exposure" is supposed to be 18% gray, but I am too inexperienced to know or figure out what combination of shutter speed and aperture will give me that at any given ISO. I have only had one class. The next one is Tuesday night.

Don

Back