MAC HELP with photos from my Cannon digital camera

GNBRETT

Registered
I cant seem to figure out how to get the photos I took with my Cannon digital camera onto Iphoto on my Mac. I can pull up photoes when I click on the Cannon ImageBrowserX but cant seem to figure out how to transfer them. Can anyone walk me thru this?

when you plug in the camera/card iphoto does not open automatically for you?
no, the Cannon software opens up and my photos get up loaded to ImageBrowserX. I cant figure how to post photos from ImagebrowerX. I cant seem to attach them from there. I can only seem to attach from Iphoto.

no, the Cannon software opens up and my photos get up loaded to ImageBrowserX. I cant figure how to post photos from ImagebrowerX. I cant seem to attach them from there. I can only seem to attach from Iphoto.

Yeah I do not use any software but iphoto and photoshop. I just have iphoto set to open automatically when i plug my sd card in. If you open iphoto preferences, under general, it will say "connecting camera opens..." and if has a little drop down you click and you choose which program opens.

If you dont want to do that, you can just open iphoto, click File, then import photos. and find the file of all the photos you want to import. You could even drag the pictures into iphoto without doing all of that which is much easier. There are lots of options :laugh:

I recall my Canon camera came with a CD to load software, although on newer Macs, it's not necessary (unless you want advanced camera features). First try checking on Canon's website under your specific camera, and then your specific OSX, to check the latest software updates, and then check your Mac to see if it has the latest camera software. Here's the Canon site: Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : Cameras

Also, if your Mac hasn't automatically updated in a while, run a manual update. This is a simple article from Apple how to open and import to iPhoto, if you're running Mountain Lion (not sure what you're running): Mac 101: Connect your camera or camcorder

Back