Digital camera

Couple of questions.  What's the difference between say a D50, D70 and D100?  Is the quality of pictures with the D100 that much better than say a Olympus Evolt E-500 as recommende above? If you guys know a good place to get a camera or someone that is selling one let me know.

JJ

<!--EDIT|SoBad
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155739312 -->

My only advice here is to focus on Optics quality and features.  The Megapixels are no longer really an issue unless you are planning on going above about 11X17.  So focus on the quality of optics and stick to cameras made by a camera company first.  IE Nikon, Canon, and to a lesser degree Konica-Minolta and Olympus.

Get a good Nikon, or Canon and you will not be dissapointed.
Agree... The Canon and Nikon are both very good camera's. My wife loves here Nikon D50 below is a pic she took with it.
One thing to consider is just like Rev pointed out and thats Optics.... Hate to admit this but Canon has this tiger by the tail. Hopefully Nikon will catch up. But, for the most part you can do a lot of stuff you'd never dream of with the old point and shoot digital cameras.

post_12_65953_Nikon2.jpg

I prefer and use the Canon SLR Rebel Digital... It is good for the all around pictures that I take. I would also recommend whatever camera you go with is a good tripod...

Photogs don't let friends drive Olympus! Get it?  
biggrin.gif
Try cameta camera's ebay store for a good deal on a Nikon D100/200 bundle.

<!--EDIT|Projekt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155756321 -->

I just went to the camera store and laid hands on the D200 and I am in LOVE... I am now working to save the money for a new toy.

You only need a 70mm max zoom for individual shots/portraits.
It's been quite a while since I was interested in phototography, but I remember that the correct portrait lens was a 90mm or a 105mm.
It all depends...

If you're a professional shooting a set for say... Vanity Fair... and you've got the camera very far from your subject, then you'll need something like that. But for most people (shooting outside individuals for a sports league) a 70mm is ideal. A 35-70mm will get the job done... and it's easy on the wallet.

Hmmm.... Pan are you saying that I should got with a Nikon D100?
biggrin.gif
Thanks for your input guys im going to start looking at them this week. And once I find one and take a few pictures i'll post em for your critique. One more cool toy for the wife to fuss about
tounge.gif

JJ
There is nothing wrong with a D100. You won't be disappointed with it. It's a reliable camera and it's very easy to use.

They wanted 1900.00 for the camera, lense, bag, batteries, 1 gig card blah blah...

I got on the Internet and found better packages for 1300.00

Cap, where did you find the D200 for $1300? Its a little more than i wanted to spend but still a possibility. I still haven't heard your opinions on the D50 and D70 other than ks-waterbug. Beautiful pic by the way. Man picking a camera is a pain in the arse but I want to make sure that I get a good one. No doubt that the D100 & D200 are awesome but, i'm just wondering if they will be more than I need. Again thanks for the help.

JJ

I found it from a google search, my wife and I are looking to buy as we speak...... I found a couple of package deals with several lenses for 1500.00 I will post the link in a few minutes.

I have a spare 2Gig microdrive as I upgraded to a 6Gig let me know if you are interested... I'll hook you up.

I found it from a google search, my wife and I are looking to buy as we speak...... I found a couple of package deals with several lenses for 1500.00 I will post the link in a few minutes.
Becareful.... Lots of Gray market items out there! Just make sure you know what your getting.

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155833280 -->

Becareful.... Lots of Gray market items out there! Just make sure you know what your getting.
Absolutely, I am a smart shopper.......... There are better deals out there than what I have in OKC Ok....

CAp

You can't go wrong with the Nikon Digital SLR line. I have the Pro model D1X with the buffer upgrades. When I bought the camera body the price was just under 4K. I also have Silent Wave lenses for it that run over 2K each. I do photography on the side. With that being said, I have well over 10K invested in my equipment. If I were buying a body today, I would look at the Nikon D-70 or the new D-80. Both are extremely light and would fit in a tank bag. I can't take my D1X (Which is just a little bigger than the D-100) on my Busa. It is too big and bulky. It is also a few steps above the D-100 which is a very fine camera. For your budget, look into the D-70. Mine and the D-100 have been out for a few years and Nikon has improved their technology. Oh, and the D-50 is not bad either. Canon makes a great product but I like the Nikon Nikkor lenses better. Just make sure that the lenses you buy are all glass. They make cheap lenses that use plastic (optics)elements now and you can tell a huge difference in the resolution of the shots. The attached picture was taken hanging out the window of an SUV while I was driving. Held the camera in my right hand while my left held my body up on the window frame. I don't reccomend one handed shooting but this came out well only because of the high speed lens I was using. f 2.8!

<!--EDIT|Shanling
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155846572 -->

DSC_5751.JPG

The attached picture was taken hanging out the window of an SUV while I was driving[/QUOTE]

that explains why you are in the middle of the road.

I like the D-100,and 200,but the pix that the guy from turkey put up with his Canon smoke everything I've ever seen made with a Nikon,JMHO.The camera aint cheap either,about 6-7 grand,but dayuum it takes great pics,the Canon that BT uses smokes as well,I'm in agreement with the fellow before,I think Canon has the better glass.

NJ,
You are WRONG, wrong, wrong, wrong.... AAAHHahahahahahaahaaa MMuaaahahaha.. AAAAHhhhahahahahahaaaa.

Okay, okay, yeah I am bored and got called into work way too early for a problem that is not mine.
biggrin.gif

Back