Pics of the new bike

As they say, Those who CAN, ride a BUSA, those that CAN,T, ride something ELSE!
wink.gif

If you had to get a Kawi at least you got a great color....love that black frame.

Very nice BB. I might make the same move in the future. Hopefully I'll be able to get a 1k and keep the Busa though. I absolutely love that blacke 12r though. Very nice.

Having owned a 900 Ninja I have fond memories of Kawasakis.

They look good in black.

How's the comfort - is the seat much higher than the 'Busa?

Well, I will let you in on my perceptions of the 12.  I was able to take her out for a good spin today and a little bit yesterday.  The 12 is much more nimble than the busa.  I think the fact that it is higher up and no steering damper is the main reason.  She is very flickable.  When you hit the throttle she is very responsive, but still you can tell the difference of lower torque, because she doesn't pull like a freight train.  The 12 seems to handle nicer, but does not feel AS comfortable as the busa.  I am getting used to being up higher in the air.  The 12 wheelies much more abruptly than my Busa did.  She comes up in 1st and second on throttle so fast its a little scary.  I used to have to snap the Busa throttle to get her up in first.  With the 12 a slight roll on and she is airborne.  I really want a steering damper for the 12 and I think i will feel more stable at high speeds and upon landing wheelies.  I realize she has less torque than the Busa, but she hauls ass.  I have 6 buddies with Busas so when it gets warmer we will take it to the streets and see what she does.  But I was on an open stretch of highway this cold morning.  with no cars in sight.  I punched her to 155 with no problem and still had plenty of throttle left.  She goes through the gears much smoother than my busa did.  The brakes are still getting broken in, but they do nicely. Throttle response is crisp and clean.  All in all she is right up there with my Busa, with less torque.  But keep this in mind.  I took a bone stock busa and did all the standard mods.  Airbox mod, one tooth down in the front sprocket, pc3r and full muzzy system, ex zvx drag chain synthetic oil and the other mods and she pulled 158 on te first dyno run.  Then i pulled a 155 on another day on the dyno.  I put my stock 12 on the dyno with 25 miles on her and she pulled 163.  Once she is broken in. I plan on getting a pc3r with a Akrapovic Race with BMC filter to unleash some more power.  All in all I wish I could have kept both, but I love the 12 just the same.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: "I can't spell worth a damn!"|1108945154 -->

Glad your enjoyin' the ride! I think it would take some getting used to with that higher seat position. Sounds great though! Let us know more about the comparisons.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Nice ride brah, Im curious though, is the high horsepower on the dyno run a result of the air fill up as seen here? Does she run stronger cause she's lighter?</span>

post-6-66437-im001106.jpg

Naw, nice. Be nice if you could get some gold toned pipes.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108945465 -->

Good looking bike. I was looking at it and comparing it with the bus before going with the bus. Very glad I did but I like the Kaw too. Have fun with it.

Back