Pics of my Winter Project

WOW!!! VERY nice Omar!
clap.gif
The tile around the mirror was a great idea
ThumbsUp.gif

I would never leave that workshop. Tonya would lock that door and keep the key.
laugh.gif

That theatre room is just like the one I want to build in our next house, all the way down to the raised flooring for the back row
bowdown.gif

Dude you got like 6 axes hanging on your wall
laugh.gif

p.s. I wish I would have went with the dropped ceiling when I finished my basement but built bulk heads and drywalled and textured instead. Now when I got to get to plumbing, electrical, PHONE, CABLE. I can't. I had to cut a holes in my ceiling for the water softener and R/O lines
banghead.gif
Then again for the alarm guys
banghead.gif
then again for the cable guy
banghead.gif

Okay enough rambling
shutup.gif

GREAT WORK VERY IMPRESSED
ThumbsUp.gif

laugh.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

Holy ish!!!  Dang, that's nice!  Wish I had a house like that. . . Or just a house period.  Lol.
Thanks!  It's been fun!  My next project is adding on to my girls' room.  Their room is over the garage.  However, it's only over about 1/2 of the garage; the rest is empty space.  I'll be adding another 14' on the length and about 10' on the width.
Have you looked in the dead space yet? I was thinking of doing the exact same thing for my daughters room which is over the garage with a ton of dead space next to her room but it was all trusses and would take ALOT of restructuring to make the floor secure.

what's a basement?
sadnews.gif

j/k... looks great OMAR!! we are still living with concrete floors from Katrina ruining the carpet... maybe you can stand close to Darrell at the next Bash and some of that skill and motivation (and time and money) will rub off on him!

WOW!!! VERY nice Omar!
clap.gif
The tile around the mirror was a great idea
ThumbsUp.gif

I would never leave that workshop. Tonya would lock that door and keep the key.
laugh.gif

That theatre room is just like the one I want to build in our next house, all the way down to the raised flooring for the back row
bowdown.gif

Dude you got like 6 axes hanging on your wall
laugh.gif

p.s. I wish I would have went with the dropped ceiling when I finished my basement but built bulk heads and drywalled and textured instead. Now when I got to get to plumbing, electrical, PHONE, CABLE. I can't. I had to cut a holes in my ceiling for the water softener and R/O lines
banghead.gif
Then again for the alarm guys
banghead.gif
then again for the cable guy
banghead.gif

Okay enough rambling
shutup.gif

GREAT WORK VERY IMPRESSED
ThumbsUp.gif
Thanks, Chris!

Heh. I do have a lock on the door. Good to keep the kids out...or anyone else.
laugh.gif

LOL - The running joke among my friends is not *if* I have a tool...but HOW many!

Oh, I hear ya on the drop ceiling. That's why I went with it. I lost 4.5" of height, but it was well worth it. I'm always getting up in there to run more cable or something. Besides, in between the floor joists makes great storage!
idea3.gif

I have 2 conduits running from the basement all the way up to the attic. That way, I can add cable when needed. From the attic, I can drill into a wall cavity and run the cable. Have done it several times since being in the house. Works great!

laugh.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

laugh.gif

Holy ish!!! Dang, that's nice! Wish I had a house like that. . . Or just a house period. Lol.
Thanks! It's been fun! My next project is adding on to my girls' room. Their room is over the garage. However, it's only over about 1/2 of the garage; the rest is empty space. I'll be adding another 14' on the length and about 10' on the width.
Have you looked in the dead space yet? I was thinking of doing the exact same thing for my daughters room which is over the garage with a ton of dead space next to her room but it was all trusses and would take ALOT of restructuring to make the floor secure.
Yup, been up there taking measurements so I can draw up the plans. Since it's dead space, they only put 2x6's up there. I'm going to have to 'sister' 2x10's in there to carry the load. I think header beam over the garage door and the I-beam will be able to handle the load. Fortunately, I don't have any trusses to deal with.

what's a basement?
sadnews.gif

j/k... looks great OMAR!! we are still living with concrete floors from Katrina ruining the carpet... maybe you can stand close to Darrell at the next Bash and some of that skill and motivation (and time and money) will rub off on him!
Thanks, Jules.

Ugg - sorry about all that
sad.gif
Hmmm - you know, both of my sisters are trying to get me to come out for some 'home improvement' projects. Perhaps I just need to hang up a shingle?
laugh.gif

PS - I'm planning on the Fall Bash
winkold.gif

Holy ish!!!  Dang, that's nice!  Wish I had a house like that. . . Or just a house period.  Lol.
Thanks!  It's been fun!  My next project is adding on to my girls' room.  Their room is over the garage.  However, it's only over about 1/2 of the garage; the rest is empty space.  I'll be adding another 14' on the length and about 10' on the width.
Yup, been up there taking measurements so I can draw up the plans.  Since it's dead space, they only put 2x6's up there.  I'm going to have to 'sister' 2x10's in there to carry the load.  I think header beam over the garage door and the I-beam will be able to handle the load.  Fortunately, I don't have any trusses to deal with.
conduit. Great idea. I'm stealing that idea. I wanted to do something to our next house to make upgrading network cables and such easy to do down the road.

Yes your lucky not to have trusses. I would have to sister all my rafters and joists and have to tear out my soffits to run them up there. I dont want the extra space that bad
laugh.gif

I'm the same way with tools. My dad called today to see if I had a "saw to cut trim"
laugh.gif
 I told him just to come over and pick one out. Sent him home with a 10" miter box, an impulse finish nailer with of coarse a variety of length of nails and a cordless jigsaw to cope his corners with.

laugh.gif

Bravo! Bravo! I typically do my own home improvement but nothing quite to that extent yet.

dude, omfg I thought I was guna run out of drool!
drools.gif

but then I got the computer pics which confused my big dumb azz, so I recovered
cool.gif

that is just SICK as all he11, man-bravo on the great work! i know i felt good rebuilding my KT-that had ta feel just AWESOME putting all that together with your own hands! way to go, Omar!
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

dude, omfg I thought I was guna run out of drool!
drools.gif

but then I got the computer pics which confused my big dumb azz, so I recovered
cool.gif

that is just SICK as all he11, man-bravo on the great work! i know i felt good rebuilding my KT-that had ta feel just AWESOME putting all that together with your own hands! way to go, Omar!
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
Thanks, Scott! I've been told I'm pretty good with my hands.
whistling.gif

bowdown.gif

wow omar, thats bad a$$ .nice work man
Thanks, Boaz!

Were you able to get that sprocket on your way thru Olathe?
i sure did, now i just need the motivation to install it..

btw.. did you how long before you hurt your knee did you start on this project?
LOL - minor detail, right? Glad you were able to get one.

I really got going on it after Cap's PMRA GtG last year.

Back