Winter/Spring Busa projects

If I had the coin to do a turbo that's exactly what I would do!!! I'd buy a Gen2 and trick it out for touring and add an RCC Ultra kit on it!!! I'd call it the Hayabusa TT edition (turbo touring) :rofl:

Or, Hayabusa T2

Changing gearing on both for Lsr want to Wilmington mile next year. From springs for the gen I. Soupys link for the gen II. Q3s for both. New felt ran battery for the gen I. That's about it. Hope to have all this done by Valentine's Day.

Those are interesting! I don't think I have seen the Beetle Bags on a bike here. Wait a minute, you're going to have a turbocharged bagger?

:popcorn:

Are you looking for a set of beetle bags??? They are painted blue for the 08. (=

I bought another Busa about a month ago...

Added a low profile crankcase breather
Cleaned up the wiring...replaced some connectors...re-grounded others.
Replaced nitrous fuel filter...added mainline filter...added nitrous filter.
Relocated nos fuel pump from under the tank to under the airbox.
Added HPT fuel rail.
Relocated fuel pump from under the tail to the tail section above ecu (double checked for leaks...lol)
Replaced cheap lines and hose clamps with better lines and -an fittings.
New plugs...cooler.
Replaced fuel and oil pressure gauges with liquid filled.
Added larger washers to axle bolts.

Still got a few things to do before spring...

slut1.jpg

slut2.jpg

I'm thinking about changing just the rear sprocket.

If the stock sprocket is aluminum would you still replace it with a steel one?
Is one brand better then others?

I'm thinking about changing just the rear sprocket.

If the stock sprocket is aluminum would you still replace it with a steel one?
Is one brand better then others?

Aluminum is lighter so that's good but the sprocket will wear faster. whether or not that is a deal breaker depends on how hard you ride. I am very hard on sprockets (because of my fat butt, not speed). Steel is really the better choice for street and long service life on the street. I think the super sprocs are the best IMHO. You should change chain & sprockets at the same time to get the longest life, although this is not necessary. I'm not a chain expert so someone else will have to take that issue.

If you go on Ebay and type Hayabusa Graphics it will bring up dozens upon dozens of complete graphic kits for your busa $200 or less :beerchug:

Yeah I've seen soo many youtube videos of guys riding over there in Cali it makes me sick!!! :banghead:

I definitely need 2 relocate :laugh:

I'm hoping to do a LED headlight conversion and switchback LED turn signals in the front. Just had fork seals done, fresh oil change and a new set of T-30's installed.

^^^Try a set of motorcycle HID fog lights. They usually mount on the lower legs of the front forks. Coupled with the headlight it forms 3 points of illumination that will light up vividly the darkest lit back road :beerchug:

1 of the handiest mods I've done by far!!!

:laugh:

We're ridin' up to Idyllwild(touristy mountain town)Friday and the high's only supposed to be around 38-40 degrees so I'll get a little taste(may even get to sock somebody up with a snowball:laugh:).

Well this is a small modification that I have finished.
Added a Back-Off Flasher module to the Busa. Changed the running lights on my Givi box to brake lights, so when I apply the
brakes the lights on the Givi box will light up and flash with the brake light. Should draw more attention vs just having the
one stock brake light.

I used quick connectors so that IF I ever sell the bike and wanted to remove the flasher module it would be just unplugging
wires from the module and replugging them into the factory wires that I cut to tap into.
Was a fairly painless job and didn't take to long after finding all the connectors I needed and deciding on where to mount it.
Actually it is just sitting in that area in the picture below. When the tail section is reinstalled the wires are pressed against
the module and so it can't move around. Again if I ever wanted to remove it that will make it pretty easy to do since it's not mounted.

I went with the XP module because the Givi box lights are LED's and the Brake light is a regular bulb(s). The XP unit will work with both.
I went to Signal Dynamics Corporation - The Makers of BackOFF Products and they had the Regular unit and the XP unit at the same price.
So it was a no-brainer to get the XP which is usually $5 more.
Since I was in no hurry for it (Can't ride in the winter where I live) I talked them into sending it through the USPS instead of UPS which saved me another $1. :laugh:

BackOffmodule_zps50a8dda9.jpg

Trying to find a nice clean Gen 2 harness to install on my 2013. So i can sell off my ABS as a whole kit for someone.

No real full on project at the moment, but I'm always collecting stuff.
Gen-1 frame and arm, spare fairing and tail, top yokes,
a couple of B-King wheels and 3 different rear sprockets,
couple of spare Yoshi Oval cans and box's of other spares.

One day I'll glue it all together or drop on a cheap damaged bike.

I just like collecting big IL4 Suzuki bits, it keeps me entertained.

image.jpg
http://postimage.org/

Back