Pics of my lowered Busa

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Some asked to see pics since lowering my bike...and some of you just like looking at pics for no particular reason, right?! :D

I haven't dropped Caesar since the lowering mod, so I'm very happy...I do notice a bit rougher ride when the bumps get big, but no big complaints...

...better than dropping a Busa in the gravel all the time!

VABUSA.JPG

...another pic...
(don't say it...I know I need to get the stickers off the bike...) :)

VABUSA5.JPG

Glad you got him lowered so you can handle him better. I'd like to see a profile of him to get the full efect. I'm 5' 9" and 200 lbs and can't touch flat footed on my '01 - it still has the factory setting on the suspension and when I set on it it doesn't go down at all. With the 2" lower kit can you now touch flat footed; if so, how tall are you? Just wanting to know to get an idea on how much to drop mine.

Pit Bull

Wow you must type fast! I was pecking in my reply and after it posted, I seen your other post - looks good.

Pit Bull

Pit Bull - I'm 5'7"...and completely flat footed on my bike now...I was just barely getting my heels firmly on the ground before the lowering mod...

The lowering kit the shop used could drop the Busa as much as 4", but that wouldn't leave me much in the way of suspension...2" seems to be sufficient for now...

VaBusa, Frog Nuts linked me to you here. She told me a little about you.

Bike looks good and it sounds like you're having a good time with it too.

I believe this board is an evolution from the original SuzukiHayOrg started by Chase. I signed on there in early 99.

Whole new world here I didn't realize. Lotta stuff happening.

Have Fun :)

...almost the last one... :)

Notice I have new bolt-ons as well...posted several pics under "Modifications" if anyone wants to see the Vance & Hines S4's...

VANCE8.JPG

...last one...

I still need to cut the kick stand...it's great if you're parking on perfectly level pavement, but as you can see, I'm surrounded by gravel and dirt...also makes it hard to park along the curb anywhere because the bike sits nearly vertical...

VABUSA6.JPG

VaBusa, Frog Nuts linked me to you here. She told me a little about you.

Bike looks good and it sounds like you're having a good time with it too.

I believe this board is an evolution from the original SuzukiHayOrg started by Chase. I signed on there in early 99.

Whole new world here I didn't realize. Lotta stuff happening.

Have Fun :)
Hey viol8r...I've seen you in other places for a while now (while I was lurking around)...Karen (Frog Nuts) turned me on to biker boards a year or so ago, and after drooling over the Busa, I bought one...

I'm loving the hell out of it...managed to squeeze in a 4 hour ride by myself today, leaving the hubby and kids for a bit

...glad you're hanging out here...don't know what it was like in '99, but I'm having a great time with everyone here and my list of mods is very long thanks (or is that "no thanks"?) to everyone here...

Welcome back...look forward to talking to you... :cool:

...last one...

I still need to cut the kick stand...it's great if you're parking on perfectly level pavement, but as you can see, I'm surrounded by gravel and dirt...also makes it hard to park along the curb anywhere because the bike sits nearly vertical...
The bike looks great. Ask LoBusa about her kickstand. She bought an adjustable one somewhere and it works great.

Yeah I was going to mention the Kickstand, might be a good idea if Ceasar is now standing up pretty straight with the factory stand.

Here you Go VA... JCS adjustable stand

Besides it looks much better than stock anyway...

Thanks for the info Keith...it sure looks better than stock...

This place is going to cost me a fortune! :D

Hail Ceasar!!!! Looks good girl!!! I'm with Sleeper on the double bubble, it would set it off!!!! The JCS kickstand is expensive but works well...... Just get it, you deserve it!!

Lo

:super:

...last one...

Hey VAbusa, check with Bob or Tree on this site. They lowered theirs and use a really trick adjustable aftermarket kickstand.

Postal.

:cool:

Looks great VA.

About the side stand> the other thing that you may want to consider is to grind the notch further out so that the stand doesn't actually end up any shorter, but just ends up further forward when in the fully down position. This should also make the bike lean a bit further as if you stortened the stand but would have the added benefit of being less likely to roll off the stand when on level ground and left idling.

I know a few people have had trouble with this and have increased the angle of the side stand for that purpose alone.

slick ride VA, i use the adjustable stand, if you cut your stock stand and someday raise your bike back to stock ride height you will have to replace it anyway.spend,spend,spend.

Back