LOWERING THE BUSA..??

UNDRPSI

Donating Member
Registered
im going to lower the busa this week, the rear links go from 1.5-3 "......... how much is too much lowering in noticing a big decrease in handling? give me your experiences with this..

thanks, JOE

I wouldn't go any lower than the middle hole in the rear, or 3/4" down in the front unless ya want to scrape.
Mines down a hair over 1" in the front, and I have to be careful on speed bump....I actually get up off the bike and put my feet on the speedbump when I go over.
Handling is not terrible when ya go 1", but deffinately noticable.....at 3/4 it's not to bad at all....actually barely noticable.....unless yer last name is Bostrom.

I agree with MSF. The mechanic that did mine has done a lot of them and he told me to just go down to the middle hole on the back links and no more than 7/8" in the front. Any more than that in the front and you can smash plastic if you come down hard from a wheelie. I don't have any problems so far except that I have to go very slow getting from the driveway to the street or it drags on the curb under the center of the bike. You can drop it more, but there is the risk of breaking stuff.

Back