front end lowering

UNDRPSI

Donating Member
Registered
i was told you can lower the front end through the forks
rock.gif
is the an FAQ on how this is done
rock.gif
and how reliable is it ? i need to go 1.5 more inches down on mine.

thanks, Joe

rock.gif

Reapers risers $30 you can get them on suzuki.org . I got 1" drop on mine.

What are you trying to achieve by lowering the front-end?

If you're drag racing, then you want the entire bike lowered as PAC said.

If you're canyon carving, then you should tune your suspension, and then raise the rear/lower the front. DO NOT use straps to lower the front for street riding. This effectively eliminates your suspension travel.

You can either use reaper risers, which are just spacers under the top clamp, or you can get a whole new top clamp that is designed to let the forks slide up through them. You have to be careful, because if you slide the forks up through the top clamp too far, and don't adjust/respring the forks, then you could cause the front fender to impact the upper fairing during a hard braking session.

Good Luck and be safe
cool.gif

ive already lowered the rear , i have shimmed the front triple , but i need to go down another 3/4" to level it out. I planned on buying the billet upper triple cover , but someone told me that you can lower it by modifiying the front forks, i just didnt know if there was any truth to it.... i have straps for drag racing.

JP

You can drop the front end by modifying the forks. You are basically taking them apart and putting new springs inside which are smaller in length but have a stigger rate to compensate for the distance of fork travel loss. The final result is similiar to the fork setup that Trax Dynamics sells.

""Modified riser ""Tape together some washers using black electrical tape til you get the height you want then slide a pair of longer bolts rated  with the same or higher tensile strength through them when reassembling the triple clamp.  I purchased my bolts and washer from a local nut and bolt distrubutor for under $15.

Also the tensile strenght is marked on the stock bolt for ref.

I've done this on both of my Busa with no problems !!!!!

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121861687 -->

STRAPS ARE THE BEST WAY TO GO OVERALL!!! I HAVE STRAPS ON MINE AND OTHER THAN YOU NEED TO PULL THEM DOWN EVERY SO OFTEN THEY WORK GREAT!!! THE BEST THING ABOUT THEM IS THAT WHEN YOUR BIKE IS SITTING FOR SOMETIME YOU CAN TAKE THE TENSION OFF OF THEM AND MAKE ALL OF YOUR FRONT FORK COMPONENTS STAY IN TIP TOP SHAPE!!!!!

straps are for racing , im talking daily riding.

greeneinc---------- is there an FAQ for what your talking about?

thanks, Joe

STRAPS ARE THE BEST WAY TO GO OVERALL!!!  I HAVE STRAPS ON MINE AND OTHER THAN YOU NEED TO PULL THEM DOWN EVERY SO OFTEN THEY WORK GREAT!!! THE BEST THING ABOUT THEM IS THAT WHEN YOUR BIKE IS SITTING FOR SOMETIME YOU CAN TAKE THE TENSION OFF OF THEM AND MAKE ALL OF YOUR FRONT FORK COMPONENTS STAY IN TIP TOP SHAPE!!!!!
If you do your everyday riding with the strap cinched down, sooner or later you will have a tankslapper and wreck. The forks have travel in them for a reason..........

From the information I've gathered here Risers would be your best bet.Straps on a daily rider seems like they might create too much stress on your front end and frame.

Back