Lowered Busa

Buff

Registered
I just purchased an 01 busa. The previous owner had it lowered 3 " front and rear. He let the front forks come up thru the risers and had it tied down, on the rear it had 3 hole lowering links. Of course the first time I rode it I went over a rise in the road and it bottomed out. I read a post on here a while back that the stock height is the only way to go. I put it back to stock configuration. I can live with it, however I would really like to drop the rear 1 hole about an inch, looks so much better. What can be the cons in dropping the rear?. Any experiance?.
rock.gif

only cons would be if you intend to race it on a road course. fast, tight turns are not the best using the lowering links.

on the flip-side, I have mine down one hole in the rear, and it rides better on the road than it did before. if your not a road racer, no cons.

Buff

Registered
Thanks Cache, just what I wanted to hear. I haven't had a chance to ride it since I raised it ( rain and cold weather).
smile.gif

LoBusa

Registered
Hey Buff,

I have mine lowered to the middle notch of the lowering link in the rear, and the front is only lowered about 1 inch with the JCS triple tree. The ride is great, straightaways and twisties. And, it's not so low that it bottoms out. And I must agree with my good friend STUNNAH, it looks awesome slammed!!!!!

just my .02

LoBusa