Pics of my lowered Busa

Ok my 2c...
Keep the stock screen, it makes the bike look low and sleek, especially since you've lowered it.

VA can I post a pic of mine?? low, ya know......
Sure cache! Post away...

Thanks for all the info on the stand guys...I'll make do with it for now since I'm flat broke...but, I think I'll end up just getting a new stand since I haven't heard the best things about the stock stand, and it doesn't look very nice anyway...

I'm leaning toward chroming lots of things once I sell my kidney :rofl: so perhaps I'll just get a chrome stand...

I'm in that minority too... speaking of minority, you should change Caesar's name to Napolean due to its height :D

Caesar, the roman emperor should be a short guy too being born where is now Italy. Or maybe not. I don't have a clue.

Bike is looking good Michelle. Hope you didn't do any damage when it fell in the gravel. I also use the adjustable stand. Think I bought it from Schnitz.

Welcome viol8r, I have also seen you over on LABUSAS. As I recall, you were going to throw a BIG AZZ Busa party this summer. If I weren't going to Laguna, I would have tried to figure out how to come. Coulda visited friends and family in Chicago.

Tell us about the party and show some pictures. (Maybe start a new thread)

Bike is looking good Michelle. Hope you didn't do any damage when it fell in the gravel. I also use the adjustable stand. Think I bought it from Schnitz.

Welcome viol8r, I have also seen you over on LABUSAS. As I recall, you were going to throw a BIG AZZ Busa party this summer. If I weren't going to Laguna, I would have tried to figure out how to come. Coulda visited friends and family in Chicago.

Tell us about the party and show some pictures. (Maybe start a new thread)
Greg...

Thanks...it's certainly no work of art like yours! But, I'm very pleased with him...and no, not too much damage from dropping it in the gravel. Just a few scratches...one day I'd like to have some custom paint, so I'm not too worried about the small scratches...

VaBusa,

How does it handle low? Tip-in easier or harder? Do you drag hard parts sooner?

Looks great...I like the low stock screen too!

Later!

VaBusa,

How does it handle low?  Tip-in easier or harder?  Do you drag hard parts sooner?

Looks great...I like the low stock screen too!

Later!
I don't feel a bit of difference in handling...good thing because that was my biggest worry...the shop that did the work sounded very confident in saying the handling would be the same, and I'd have to say that they were right (even if they only sold Aprilia and Ducati, I'm impressed!) :D

The only thing I notice is that bigger bumps in the road seem to hit me a little harder than the stock setup...not a huge deal to me, but noticable...so, the suspension was affected some, but not enough to make me regret it. I wouldn't go any lower than 2" though...I could have gone to a 4" drop, but I imagine I'd be worrying about bottoming out at that height...

VA, It's looking sweet :D mine is off the road for the winter as of midnight :sad:

VA, It's looking sweet :D  mine is off the road for the winter as of midnight :sad:
Thanks Iced...I'm guessing you get plenty of snow...in VA, we're a bit lucky...we don't get too much snow, so I'm hoping to get some warm riding gear and ride the Busa year 'round! :D

Not too too much snow if at all. It's 20C/68F here right now at 10:45am Just got other things to take care of in my life at this time and i haven't been riding it much lately... maybe an hour or so a week? :sad:

It's polished billet aluminum. They retail for $225. VelTune sells them for $199. There are two lengths... one for stock-height Busas' and one for lowered Busas'. The one in the pic above is for lowered bikes. It can be seen here under "Products" and then "Diamond Powersports": VelTune R&D

It's polished billet aluminum. They retail for $225. VelTune sells them for $199. There are two lengths... one for stock-height Busas' and one for lowered Busas'. The one in the pic above is for lowered bikes. It can be seen here under "Products" and then "Diamond Powersports": VelTune R&D
Thanks War...I was going to ask you, but you beat me to it...I've already started dropping hints to the hubby for Christmas, so that's at the top of my list!

:D

Back