What is involved in lowering the rear of my 99 ?

chillcat34433

Registered
I'm new to sportbikes and came across this ad on craigslist for a busa, it was gorgeous the way it was stretched and lowered (front/back), mine is stretched n lowered in front but not back. I have NO CLUE what is involved in lowering it in back? I attached 3 pics of the bike I found and looking to lower the same. Thankyou

busa1.jpg

busa2.jpg

busa3.jpg

You only need a to replace the dog bone for a lowering links, they are place near the rear spring on the suspention, heres a pic so you have an idea of what you need..

RTS726JB-3.gif

Awesome! thanks :) I just found that exact kit on ebay for $38. Also will I encounter any riding problems with lowering it like that?

Do you know how much is the drop on the front? There are links with 3 holes, 5 holes, and there are others that are adjustables here is a pic of the other ones.

thumbnailCABF10VN.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Look into the soupys adjustable dog bones. They are around $100 but you are not limited in your ride height. They are a good quality product as many members have them. This is not a part you want to go cheap on. Look up videos on YouTube where the dog bones break. Not a good thing.

It depends how much you weight, if you slam the bike you might rub the tire with the fender, if you go in the middle you might rub if you have a passenger, some people adjust their spring once the bike its lowered and streched to fit better.

If your heavier than 170lbs then you will not want to have the bike lower than 2inches up front. 2 inches up front is hammered.

Also, riding that low on the street will have you learning how to replace oilpans on a routine basis.

Does anyone know approx drop on that pic at the top (blue bike---rear side) ? I'm looking at 1"-3" drop links, wanna get the right ones. Thanks

I will let some of the guys that have these chime in for better input, but change them around until you get your desired height.

Back