Picked up my 'busa

quadb0y

Registered
After my R1 was written off just over 9 weeks ago, insurance all sorted finally and I was able to collect my Silver / Grey '03 2 days ago.

First impressions: Wow, what an awesome machine
biggrin.gif
feels very light on it's feet.
Hydraulic clutch is a nice change.
Discs / pads are still slippery and tyres are shiny!
The restrictions in place on the lower gears are noticeable.
Front compression / rebound is too stiff for my liking.

I actually only have 37km on it so far ! (shameful I know). Can't wait to open it up ;)

Heading out for a big ride this weekend, have already dropped oil - I will be following mototuneusa's advice on engine break-in.

Now I know you all love pics, so here you go !!

Here we are dropping oil once I got home from dealer.

busa01.jpg

Here it is, installed. What a machine !

Will post more pictures out in the sunlight after this weekend.

<!--EDIT|quadb0y
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085739356 -->

busa11.jpg

congrats, Quad! Welcome to the madness! You will definitely enjoy the bike and the board!

Congrats on the new Busa! Nice pics...glad to see that the silver/gray 03 is so popular!!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Welcome and congratulations on buying the fastest color busa!

Another of the fastest color.....sweet!

Welcome.
You guys took the words right out of my mouth
tounge.gif

Congrats and welcome to the board, glad you got the pics in fast, seems we have to frequently remind new members to satisfy our pic fetish.

Question what year was your R1? Also whay made you go with the Busa and how are the guys at R1-forum.com taking it?

Welcome again man and be safe on that monster.

BD

Wow, thanks everyone
tounge.gif
You're all so kind. That is a big part of why this forum is so valuable .. no egos, just good vibes and great info.

Hey BigDawg, my R1 was an '03 .. I can't remember if I posted on R1-forum or not, suspect my login was so I could get some pictures or such.

The Hayabusa sold itself really .. after pinning the R1 and waiting too long to get up to speed .. or wringing it's neck getting it to wheelie in 3rd gear
mad.gif
.. oh let's not forget harsh tank-slappers
cussing.gif
Hehhee .. the Hayabusa was a stylish, refined, advanced yet brutally high performance alternative.

Plus there is more headroom for mods such as turbos etc
biggrin.gif

I find I prefer something a little different, that scares normal folk away.

Track days were not much fun on the R1, I can't explain it .. just not my scene. Exploring, fast touring and occasional stunting is more me. Pillioning was a pipe-dream for Yamaha on that thing but easy as pie on a Hayabusa.

Thanks again everyone, I've been lurking for a bit, posted what I could so far .. stand by for more happy snaps  
cool.gif

Back