Pick up the R1 from Lee's tomorrow

vman1300

Never Forgotten
Yes I know it has Tuning Forks and it is not a Busa, but I do go and pick up my R1 tomorrow from my good friend Lee Shierts in Charlotte. I dropped it off there a couple of weeks ago for a custom map and a BPD shifter.

Lee's tuning never ceases to amaze me. With one of his maps, the R1 went from 153.19 rwhp to 158.34 and picked up a bit in the TQ as well, 75.62 to 77.99. The pulls were made using a Michelin Power Race and from my experience on the Busa, a race tire will read 5-7 hp lower than a street. Overall I am so happy with the 5hp improvement with tuning.

My R1 has the following, Akrapovic Full Titanium Evolution, BMC filter, Graves stackes and Graves smog block off plates.

I will also be leaving a spare head I aquired with Lee for a bit of massaging over the winter...hehehehehe......

Do you credit Lee's generous numbers completely to his tuning skill or do you think his dyno settings have a little to do with it? I've heard a few times that Lee's dyno is a little generous compared to others and i'm just wondering about your opinion since I haven't had him map mine as of yet.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
I know you can't wait to get it!

beerchug.gif

Do you credit Lee's generous numbers completely to his tuning skill or do you think his dyno settings have a little to do with it?  I've heard a few times that Lee's dyno is a little generous compared to others and i'm just wondering about your opinion since I haven't had him map mine as of yet.
Me personally, it has to do with the tuning skill. Lee knows his stuff. Looking at the pulls, the basline was run at 10:22am today, 51.14 degrees, 29.34 in-HG, 13% humidity, SAE 0.97

After the custom map, 11:24am, 52.44 degrees, 29.35 in-HG, 13% humidity, SAE 0.97.

The conditions are nearly identical with the only change being the custom map.

Do you credit Lee's generous numbers completely to his tuning skill or do you think his dyno settings have a little to do with it?  I've heard a few times that Lee's dyno is a little generous compared to others and i'm just wondering about your opinion since I haven't had him map mine as of yet.
Me personally, it has to do with the tuning skill. Lee knows his stuff. Looking at the pulls, the basline was run at 10:22am today, 51.14 degrees, 29.34 in-HG, 13% humidity, SAE 0.97

After the custom map, 11:24am, 52.44 degrees, 29.35 in-HG, 13% humidity, SAE 0.97.

The conditions are nearly identical with the only change being the custom map.
Excellent. That's what I wanted to hear.

The only reason people say Lee is generous is because they cant figure his stuff out.

You cannot go wrong dropping a busa off at his shop

Back