Pick'ed her up...DOH

MrSlug

Registered
Well, I picked up the used 03 Busa today for 5Gs. Eventhing looked ok and it seemed to have appropriate wear for 19K miles. The tires were complete toast, especially the rear. Looks like he was doing some burnies to roast the rear. Nice thing is the Busa is 100% stock, no aftermarket parts whatsoever.

Since I could not ride it away (the rear tire had no rubber down the middle, just cords!) I loaded the busa into the back of my Dodge and headed down the road to Hare Racing.

Looks like its going to need a full service including valve inspection; two tires (pilots); a new rear rotor; a few faring stay bolts and possible a new rear sprocket. That's what they found from a quick eye ball inspection and listening to the bike idle. I trust these guys since they were always very honest with me in the past when I had my 99 GSXR750.

So basically, as it stands I am out another grand with repairs unless they find something else. All in all not too bad since the total outlay is 6 grand for a great bike.

Just wish the original owner would have been a little more honest about the running condition of the bike, but hell, buyer beware.

Once I get her back and I am planing on getting a full Yosh Exhaust and a Power Commander. Will also replace the Front/Rear Brakelines and Hydraulic Clutch line with steel braided.

Congrats
beerchug.gif
Now pics please
SHOCKED.gif

Do the work yourself and save a bundle. It's not hard.

If your gonna replace the rear sprocket, do both front, rear and install a new chain also.

(MrSlug @ Mar. 31 2007,21:04) Well, I picked up the used 03 Busa today for 5Gs. Eventhing looked ok and it seemed to have appropriate wear for 19K miles. The tires were complete toast, especially the rear. Looks like he was doing some burnies to roast the rear. Nice thing is the Busa is 100% stock, no aftermarket parts whatsoever.

Since I could not ride it away (the rear tire had no rubber down the middle, just cords!) I loaded the busa into the back of my Dodge and headed down the road to Hare Racing.

Looks like its going to need a full service including valve inspection; two tires (pilots); a new rear rotor; a few faring stay bolts and possible a new rear sprocket. That's what they found from a quick eye ball inspection and listening to the bike idle. I trust these guys since they were always very honest with me in the past when I had my 99 GSXR750.

So basically, as it stands I am out another grand with repairs unless they find something else. All in all not too bad since the total outlay is 6 grand for a great bike.

Just wish the original owner would have been a little more honest about the running condition of the bike, but hell, buyer beware.

Once I get her back and I am planing on getting a full Yosh Exhaust and a Power Commander. Will also replace the Front/Rear Brakelines and Hydraulic Clutch line with steel braided.
Fred and Gunther @ Hare Racing are good guys...we'll have to ride when ya get her running.

I just had them do my forks this week
wink.gif

Congrats! Should be nice when you get those few things taken care of. An '03 for 6k is still a great price.

Please don't mistake my post for a rant. I am perfectly okay with having to sink some dough into a busa that I was able to buy for 5K. I could have taken the bike to get it inspected but I could not ride it due to the wasted rear and if I went wishy washy, some other head would have snap'd it up.

I do like doing some of the work myself, but on a bike with as much power as a Hayabusa, I would rather have a trusted mechanic go through it the first with a fine tooth comb. Heck when I get it back, the bike will be just like new.

My only beef (and its a small one) was the fact the owner could have told me that it was going to need some work, beyond replacing the tires (going with Pilot Powers again). When I sold my BMW R1150Rockster and my XL1200c in January, I was very upfront about the condition in both bikes. Of course the condition of both bikes was a 9 out of 10
beerchug.gif

Now I need to do some serious researching on this site (thank you search option) for exhaust, chains, sprockets and some dress up bits.

Great site so far with lots of good bits.

If you see a Grey/Silver Hayabusa with a guy in Dianese and a Grey/Silver Shoei X11 running around the Bay Area, CA....Wave Hi!

Back