I failed my inspection

I'm here in Dallas and took mine to the dealer and had no problem with my rear peg mounted plate WITHOUT TAG LIGHT and passed with no issues. Then again i have plenty of LEDS in the rear that light my tag up. Guess it all depends on who and where the inspection takes place.

I have a lot of LEDs also but the guy at the service counter did tell me the inspection guy was picky. A stickler for the :rulez:

Indiana did away with inspections about 30 years ago. Makes life more convenient but we now have plenty of turds that have no business being on the road.
Nothing like being at a stoplight on a bike and having an old ass F150 with a cracked windshield, 4 bald tires, a rusted frame, trashed ball joints and metal against metal brakes coming up behind you.

Yeah the tag fine is $1000 a friend of mine was in Miami for the weekend and he got fined because the cop said the tag was not properly mounted, it was horizontal, just mounted too far under the tail to be seen.

Out of state bike? Believe the law only applies to FL state registered bikes.

Also.. Just because some states don't have inspections,doesn't mean that your scoots are OK to drive and be free from ticketed for improper stuff like tags.

Some laws are a pain,but they got that way for a reason...

All you had to tell the inspections place was that you don't need a light on your liscense plate cause you aren't gonna ride it at night you promise! :rofl:

Washington state, no inspection, however I went to jail for 6 hours for 85 in a 60. Oh and I changed lanes within 1.5 car lengths of car doing about the same speed.

Yeah I just failed my inspection too, I have a swing arm license plate bracket. So I am going to try ebay for either the 2 bolts with leds or a vertical license plate frame with leds in it. Hopefully the frame isnt illegal. But anyways I also failed to have red reflectors on the rear. Seems like I would have to have a longer wire than what they provide to run it up to the undertail from the swing arm without it looking too tacky.

Back