• Ignore. Rise above it.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Ignore. Wait to see what happens.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Confront the offender, publicly.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Confront the offender, privately.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Copy and Paste the entire PM into a new thread, exposing offender.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Advise the Admins and Moderators so they know there's a festering boil among us?

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Pity the foo.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Drop back 5 yards and punt.

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, help my friend out here.

Let's say you have this friend...

...who has come to find out (let's say, about a month or so ago...) that there's a board member who seems dissatisfied with the way they do things around his area (specifically, where geography and member interaction overlap).

In fact, just for the sake of this exercise, let's say this other board member has been casting dispersions on a geographical group, calling your friend out (by name) in PMs which he's been sending to people on your friend's 'friends' list. Wouldn't your friend think to himself: "how strange, and very shortsighted!" ?

Then, say, your friend watches and waits for this person to step up and take the lead... Maybe make the effort to change things to the point of his 'approval,' instead of imperiously pointing a finger and saying 'this or that'.

So, what do you think your friend should do? Your friend might have a pretty good idea, himself; but let's see what you think.

Your friend would probably never divulge the name of this other person, because...what good would that do? Period. (...unless there's cash involved, of course.) :whistle:

This should be interesting.

how much cash do you require?

My friends, if called out would just "have it out" and clear the air. HIgh noon is always acceptable and if there happens to be an OK corral around all the better.

OMG my opinions are showing! :poke: to you ace!

So, help my friend out here.

Let's say you have this friend...

...who has come to find out (let's say, about a month or so ago...) that there's a board member who seems dissatisfied with the way they do things around his area (specifically, where geography and member interaction overlap).

In fact, just for the sake of this exercise, let's say this other board member has been casting dispersions on a geographical group, calling your friend out (by name) in PMs which he's been sending to people on your friend's 'friends' list. Wouldn't your friend think to himself: "how strange, and very shortsighted!" ?

Then, say, your friend watches and waits for this person to step up and take the lead... Maybe make the effort to change things to the point of his 'approval,' instead of imperiously pointing a finger and saying 'this or that'.

So, what do you think your friend should do? Your friend might have a pretty good idea, himself; but let's see what you think.

Your friend would probably never divulge the name of this other person, because...what good would that do? Period. (...unless there's cash involved, of course.) :whistle:

This should be interesting.

Would you get your sh!d together...I'm tired of all these pm's forwarded to me, and all these bozos visiting my home page. I wish all the losers would post up, instead of just lurking in the shadows :moon:

Last edited:
Would you get your sh!d together...I'm tired of all these pm's forwarded to me, and all these bozos visiting my home page. I wish all the losers would post up, instead of just lurking in the shadows :moon:

Yeah, I know...it's like throwing stones at the top of a mountain. Pretty pointless.

how much cash do you require?

My friends, if called out would just "have it out" and clear the air. HIgh noon is always acceptable and if there happens to be an OK corral around all the better.

OMG my opinions are showing! :poke: to you ace!

Well, your friends would be doing it right. Anyway, we don't have an OK corral near here...we DO, however, have a "So-So" Corral. Will that work?

:beerchug:

Slap him and challenge him to a duel. :rofl:

First with the hand...then with the glove... Luckily, I have the steel-reinforced Icon Ti-Max guantlets (a pair each of the originals (which would work best) and the new model). That should do it!

Well, your friends would be doing it right. Anyway, we don't have an OK corral near here...we DO, however, have a "So-So" Corral. Will that work?

:beerchug:

"So-So" so long as it works, it works for me!

IMO This may help:

I NEVER listen to anyone talk about someone else (email, letter, phone call etc.) I tell them “don’t tell me, tell them, I don’t want to hear about it.” Period. Every time.

If someone has a problem with me they are more than able to bring it up to me. If they don’t then I consider that there is no problem. If they choose to do something else (tell others, hold it in, pretend there is no problem etc) then TOO BAD. THEIR LOSS. Period. Every time.

If I have a problem with someone else, I always tell them first hand to their face, right away. If it is painful, hurtful, embarrassing etc. TOO BAD. They get it and then they deal with it. Period. Every time.

Those who know me are very sure that if I am quiet there is no problem, and if I have a problem I sound off about it. There are no illusions about gee what did he think?, Did that hurt him? I hope he isn’t mad? They know I will give them a quick F --- Off if they choose to interact with me in any other way.

Sooo… The guys that are not talking to each other,… start talking.
If you can’t then there is no problem between you.
The guys that are getting the emails about someone else, tell the sender to go to the source, you are not interested.
And everyone be there if BOTH parties request, (BOTH REQUEST) that they need help and support, to fix it, and try and stay impartial and air the differences.

Hey if you had bad breath, or your fly was open, or you had mustard on your chin, wouldn’t you want to know right away? I would. I wouldn’t want anyone to be afraid to tell me, that I might get embarrassed, or be mad and so on.

Sorry to be so wishy - washy about it all. :laugh:

I was thinking the same thing! Incredible. If this guy has a problem, he should tell my friend directly instead of stabbing him in the back repeatedly.

If I have mustard on my chin, I'd want to know right away. And boogers? Don't even get me started. Tags hanging out of the back of shirts? I just can't go on!

:laugh:

I say confront and clear the air. Privately if possible, no need to drag everyone into it. Open, clear and concise communication is always best. If you dont like me, say so. No feelings hurt, I know where you stand. (I opened myself up there didnt I?) Say what you mean and mean what you say. :thumbsup:

CanUCMe.jpg

Back