Personal weapon selection plan? (long post)

"add to the collection" :laugh: Now that's where the fun starts.... old winchesters, leverguns, big bores, flat shooters, smoothbores, single shots, long range, tack drivers, scatterguns.... I like the "competition target model" MKII that I have but the grips are not ambidexterous & I wouldn't want to start the kids out on one, them semi's just are not good beginner guns. A little too nervous. 22 = 500 rounds <$30 :-)

This discussion has been very interesting. I really appreciate the advice and the respectful differences of opinion.

Couple of responses from me....

1978 or so, M16. Good groupings. About the only thing I remembered being complimented on. Learned to button my collar in the prone position. (I'm a lefty! :rofl:)

Used to shoot my brother in law's rifles once in a while at the range. He had a 30-06 with bolt action. Ruger? Beautiful weapon, felt right, expensive ammo. Had some Chinese made piece of crap tommy gun that couldn't hit a door at 25 yards, but a total blast to shoot. Also a couple pistols and I sucked with them. All this was 30 years ago.

I've been rethinking the revolver issue. Maybe that would be a good start. Simple, not too expensive, and sounds like revolvers are typically more accurate than autos from some other reading I've done. The several comments on women not being strong enough to rack an auto also makes me lean this way a bit.

Home defense? Who am I kidding. This is going to be for home defense when the apocalypse comes. Otherwise it will have a trigger lock and be in the safe unless going to the range. (points taken from our LEO contributor)

The fellow at the gun shop advised buying used. It seems it's not too hard to buy and sell, so maybe the choice is not that big a deal if I want to move to something else, or just add to the "collection."

Please keep your comments coming. I'm learning, I'm learning. :beerchug:

Sir, much respect!!! Good luck!!

Back